Can you make the Guitar sound like it’s coming from vinyl in the AX3

ApocalypticKatana

Experienced
@2:30 of this video

Ultimately I’m trying to achieve a great lo-fi guitar tone so any tips on that as well would also be appreciated

This is why I still have some pedals hanging around. And a Chase Bliss Gen Loss on pre-order.

As someone who grew up during the '60s and '70s, I cannot figure out why anyone would want to add pops, scratches, etc. We drove ourselves crazy trying to get rid of all that surface noise - and now folks want to replicate that?

Next thing you know they'll be replicating the track fade-out / fade-in that had to be done with 8-track players.

As someone who grew up during the '60s and '70s, I cannot figure out why anyone would want to add pops, scratches, etc. We drove ourselves crazy trying to get rid of all that surface noise - and now folks want to replicate that?

Next thing you know they'll be replicating the track fade-out / fade-in that had to be done with 8-track players.
And the sound of a tape being eaten.

It's one reason I prefer digital over vinyl.

It is funny that, like anything else, recording tech/practices have always tried to improve. But again, like anything else, old things become chic once more (maybe I should say 'retro' :p ).

I do think it's a cool sound, when used in moderation though. Perhaps for a song intro or closing refrain. Let's not forget that vinyl itself is making a bit of a comeback.

It is funny that, like anything else, recording tech/practices have always tried to improve. But again, like anything else, old things become chic once more (maybe I should say 'retro' :p ).

I do think it's a cool sound, when used in moderation though. Perhaps for a song intro or closing refrain. Let's not forget that vinyl itself is making a bit of a comeback.
Works good for the middle eight, too, for a mood/vibe shift...

IMO It just sounds cool 😂

I like the little scratches between 2 songs in a vinyl, that add some charm.

For the rest it can be cool to use this vinyl effect for an intro or a breakdown / ambience in a song . Not playing all day long with a vinyl effect hm.

Back
Top Bottom