Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Just wanted to say this version of the Naked Amps is terrific, together with the new Firmware this is the pinnacle of guitar gear simulation. All presets are amazing.
Thank you Mohi! That updated compressor block after the can really gives these amp tones the “studio polish” not possible before the update. It’s basically like putting a Universal Audio 1176 on your moc’d can with just a little limiting, like Andy John did on Zep records. Works great! Thank you, happy you are loving it!

I struggled the first days with the compressor in every preset, it made me feel myself "dirty" by tricking "pure tones" with those artefacts but, after realising it was a pretty stupid thought, I use it in all my presets. Well actually all my presets now are a copy of an AB preset with a scene rearrangement.

Great job, I tip my hat.

Goods news guys: thanks to the Rock Star work of Michael Pickens at FAS, the latest beta tests of the FM9-Editor (not yet released) fixed the CS by Scene issue and some others that had prevented the successful porting of the 1400+ Naked Amps Axe-FX III presets over to the FM9.

Now, the FM9 version I've tested and saved the FM9 version of Naked Amps under is still in beta firmware testing, but once that gets publicly released (probably soon!) I can get the new FM9 version of Naked Amps out to you for either new orders or in existing accounts.

Progress!

Last edited:
Hello Austin!
The Naked Amps "cx" setting is amazing! I can't get enough of it!
I have a big problem!
I can't decide where the volume control is? What is the ideal solution?
Because the volume pedal greatly affects the quality of the sound you hear!
You have a lot of experience!
Can I ask for this one big help?
Thank you very much for your advice, in advance!
Greetings from Hungary from a 73 year old man!

Hello Austin!
The Naked Amps "cx" setting is amazing! I can't get enough of it!
I have a big problem!
I can't decide where the volume control is? What is the ideal solution?
Because the volume pedal greatly affects the quality of the sound you hear!
You have a lot of experience!
Can I ask for this one big help?
Thank you very much for your advice, in advance!
Greetings from Hungary from a 73 year old man!
Hi Jozsef:

In a new Naked Amps preset, your volume control is the LEVEL in the Compressor block that comes after the Cab. That will turn the preset loudness down or up in a preset/Scene. But remember, several scenes may use the same Compressor. Another option is to go to the output block Out1 and use the second tab Scene Mixer — you can control the volume of each scene that way too!

Hi Jozsef:

In a new Naked Amps preset, your volume control is the LEVEL in the Compressor block that comes after the Cab. That will turn the preset loudness down or up in a preset/Scene. But remember, several scenes may use the same Compressor. Another option is to go to the output block Out1 and use the second tab Scene Mixer — you can control the volume of each scene that way too!
Hi Austin!
Thank you very much for your quick reply!

I went ahead and uploaded the final (and fixed) new FM9 Naked Amps bank that is saved under a beta firmware 2.03 into the zip file for downloads on my website.

So it’s there, just not sure if it will run on the FM9 firmware 2.02 out there now (it should but may best to wait a little) - but it will run on next FM9 firmware 2.03+ one released. 😎

Just FYI, I've been testing firmware 20.x firmware with the 19.07/19.08 version, and the 1400+ Naked Amp presets saved under 19.07/19.08 work fine under it.

If you want to try the changed/new speaker comp parameter in the amp block on Naked Amps presets Cliff added in firmware 20.x, go ahead, try setting in on 1 or 2, and see if you like it. I'm going to leave it OFF for now.

Using speaker will make the amp feel less stiff (and more compressed), and it may also reduce the volume a little as you raise speaker comp, but you can adjust amp LEVEL to compensate for any output signal lowering.

Enjoy!

So - you will need firmware 2.03 (not released as of 5-30-2022 but coming soon) as well as an accompanying editor update to use the FM9 Naked Amps, as I saved under that.

If you load the FM9 Naked asmps presets under the current public firmware 2.02, the presets you sent to will appear empty (they are not, they will “appear” after you update to firmware 2.03 once available).

Hope that avoids any confusion out there!

Hi everyone. This is a long post about using the Axe-FX III with a FC-12 with my TonePacks,.

Attaching my FC-12 "All Layouts" which I updated for firmware 20.01 public.
This layout allows "hand's free" access to most major preset and scene functions, all using your feet and your FC12. I'll explain more below in each layout.

I was going through my old layouts and some things weren't right that I've now fixed, likely caused by different firmware upgrades over past year or so.

If you have an Axe-FX III and an FC-12, here is a July 2022 updated FC12 Layout file that lets you access some of the features in LiveGold and Naked Amps (as well as other AustinBuddy TonePacks).

First things first though. To use this "all_layouts" file, first you need to do a few things.

1. In Axe-III editor, Click FC EDIT then go to left side of screen next to word LAYOUTS. Click on the "Edit" down triangle, and select EXPORT ALL LAYOUTS. Wait while the operation happens. This SAVES for existing layout file, so you have a backup. You can always restore it. Do this BEFORE you try to install the one I'm providing!!! You have been warned. ;)

2. Exit the editor. Make sure your Axe-FX III is set up for the Fc12 (not FC6). You can install the factory layouts if you want. You can do that from the front panel of the hardware. Like this: SETUP > choose FC CONTROLLERS, then page over to the last menu, and choose LOAD FC-12 FACTORY DEFAULT LAYOUTS AND SETTINGS. Then REBOOT your Axe-Fx III.

3. Next, reopen the Axe-III editor. You'll next need to set the FC->EDIT button at the top right (make it yellow by clicking on it) > then hit on far right the FC CONFIG button and from there set the Bank Size to = 8, for this to layout properly.

4. Once again, next to word LAYOUTS, click on the "Edit" down triangle, and select IMPORT ALL LAYOUTS. Choose the attached file called:

"all-layouts_AustinBuddy_FC12_July2022.fclayout"

This will take a minute but will load up 9 layout pages over the factory ones.

Feedback is welcome on this. It uses the factory layout to start, but then I customize it. I haven't really checked the colors so you might want to change those as you like.

LAYOUT PAGES - DESCRIPTIONS
On all layouts, the FC12 right side has functions-related, like bank or preset up/down, tuner, tap tempo, master layout, etc.

In any name if you see a SLASH "/", then what follows after the slash is the action that happens when you HOLD the button down rather than tap it.

For example "Bank+1/Mst" means tap to go up a bank, but HOLD and it will open the Master Layout page.

Or, "Bank -1/Tnr" means tap to go down 1 bank, or HOLD and the TUNER will activate (and HOLD once again, to exit the tuner).

Layout 1 is PRESETS. This layouts 8 Presets by name at a time, in two rows of four.

If you play a Strat or a Tele, tap and HOLD on any chosen preset to activate the the "Kicker Coil" to boost the signal for single coils in the preset (unless the preset/scene has a "*" in the name denoting it was made for single coils, in which case activating this is not necessary!).

In this PRESETS layout page, you can advance up a bank of 8 or down a bank of 8 on the far right side. You can also navigate to the SCENES page, the EXF1 or EFX2 page, or activate the Amp Boost in any preset/scene (but better to do that from layout 2 SCENES page).

For the BANK buttons, you'll also want to set the UPPER LIMIT in any bank up/down button to fit your unit - that is =64 for Original Axe-FX III and double that to =127 fif you own the Axe-Fx III Mark II.

Layout 2 is SCENES. Here you will see all 8 scenes by name (truncated due to LED limit), laid out in two rows of four on the left side of the FC12, 1-4 on bottom and 5-8 on top of those. You will also see a dedicated UP and DOWN preset button. There is also a Tap temp and Tuner button too.

If you aren't using the new SET LIST and you have your gig's presets all in order, you might live on this layout page all night, advancing through each song and then song scenes.

If you HOLD in any Scene, it will kick on the CS2 AMP BOOST. This is not obvious from the label, but just remember - if you see a Scene name on a button, HOLD that button and CS2 will come on.

From here you can always navigate to the Master Layout. There is a switch to go direct to EFX as well.

Layout 3 is MAIN EFX1. Tapping the switch turns an effect on (or off if it is already on).

Drive1 only works if a fuzz is present, or you put one in yourself. Drive 2 is called "AusB Drv2" and that is what is in all presets.

Also in EFX 1 are Pitch1, Chorus1, delay1, Comp1, TremPan1, Reverb1 and Delay2. Also, AMP Boost (Cs2) and Fat Switch (HOLD) are available here.

The main cool thing about these EFX switches is, if you HOLD the switch, you can choose between all four channels A-B-C-D (increment as you hold/click). So you can play or try out up to four effects. (I am hoping sometime in future Fractal will allow use to tag these ABCD channels with custom names, like the RJM mastermind can, let's hope so!).

A "EXF2>>/Mst" can take you to a another EFX page, or back to Master layout

Layout 4 continues the effects access as EXF 2. Effects available here include the Rotary1, Phaser1 or Univibe, Flanger1, Wah1 (if not using Auto activate with pedal), Pitch 2, Plex1, PEQ1, and GEQ1. Here is also where you can navigate to the Looper page (In addition to the master Layout method) as well as back to Scenes or the Amp Controller Page.

Layout 5 is the Looper page. It has all looper functions. It also lets you do an amp boost, kicker coil, and navigate to EFX 1 or EFX2 or Scenes as well as Preset and master layout. Remember, a cool thing is if you have a looper in each preset, you can switch presets and the looper keeps playing. So you could make a nice clean loop then change to a new preset for a lead tone, as long as both have the looper block in them. Can be nice for practicing.

Layout 6 is the only layout page I created from scratch, that is not a factory layout I adapted. This is the AMP CONTROL page, and where you can use switches to access the control switch "CS" function tied to the amp block.

As Tonepack user manuals note:

CS2= AMP BOOST switch - adds a varying db gain to input of amp (amount/value can vary by preset, i set by ear. You can experiment with what sounds best to you!

CS5= Saturation switch. Not every amp will sound good with this, but some do, and it usually boosts your volume a bit too like Amp Boost does. Some amps default to Saturation ON, so clicking this on those may turn it off.

CS3 = FAT switch. If an amp has a fat switch, this is how you can turn that on or off from the FC12. But even if an amp does not have one, this can be cool, especially to help single coils guitars.

*Kicker Coil - adds 5.1db to incoming signal to amp, to help single coil guitars. But you can also use this as additional boost with humbuckers!

CS4 = BRITE RVRS. This will reverse the brite switch from whatever it is set for in the amp block-- either On to off, or Off to on. Mostly useful with Fender style amps.

CS6 = BASSCUT. If your preset or scene is too bass heavy or muddy sounding - this can help. If Basscut is active already in preset, then hitting this will turn it off.

Tremolo. If an amp has a tremolo in it, you can access it here as on/off. In EFX area you will find it there too, you can choose channels as well.

Amp1 +1/-1. This can help you set amp levels during rehearsals. If you click this once, it will raise the Amp block LEVEL by +1db. If you HOLD it instead it will reduce the Amp block LEVEL by -1db. Note however if you have a compressor/limiter block post-cab (like Naked Amps does), then THAT is the best place to fix levels, not here. NOTE: This switch permanently saves any change you make here to the preset, so use extreme caution!

Since Naked Amps has two amp blocks, there is also an Amp2 +1/-1 switch here too. Note - you need to check what AMP blcok is active - Amp 1 or 2 - when using the Naked Amps, so you know which switch to select.

Last - CS1 is not used, but you might have a way to us a CS controller. that is the purpose of WILDCRDCS1 switch - it will turn on/off CS1 if you have one.

Layout 7 is the PERFORM1 page. If you've got everything set up for gigs in preset/scene/efx order, you could do the entire gig from this page instead of the layout 2 Scene page (which I prefer). Here you can advance or go back a preset, advance or go back a scene, access both effects pages, access the looper, and kick on the amp boost, or tap tempo, or tuner, or go to preset page, scene page, or Master layout.

Layout 8 is Empty for your own use/designs

Layout 9 is the MASTER LAYOUT. Don't mess with this.

I would like to do a video of all this - easier to show you -- but I'm time crunched - so wanted to get this out now.

If the CS controllers stuff is new to you, go to my AustinBuddy YouTube channel and look for the most recent LiveGold Video that explains Controllers/CS by Scene.

Hope this is helpful. As time permits, I plan to update the layouts for the FM3 alone and the FM3 OMG9, as well as the FM9 layouts, all of which somewhat mirror this approach.

But the FC-12 is just a joy because everything layouts out so nicely -- 8 presets per bank, 8 scenes per preset, plus the function buttons next to that. Sweet! Thank you Fractal Audio!

Attachments

• all-layouts_AustinBuddy_FC12_July2022.fclayout
    94 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Also - here (attached) is a quick preset I made for the new amp model Diamond Del Fuego in firmware 20.01, for LiveGold. You'll only see this preset if you are on that firmware (else it will look empty).

I may expand it for Naked Amps (two amps) -- but wanted you to have this for now (it's free here). I'll get it on Axe-Change too.

I did tweak a few things from the default.

No FM9 or FM3 version yet, have to wait until the firmwares catch up to include that amp model.

Attachments

• NEW Diamond Del Fuego AX3-cx.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 19
Hi, I had a question. When I go to my account there is the May update for 19.08 FW, but not 20.01. I think the title of this thread says a 20.01 version is available? I'm not sure, but I bought Naked Amps in May so I have that version, I just wanted to upgrade. I think I am going to get the Live Gold also, is that one the same as far as upgrading? You only get up until what version you bought, and then you pay for upgrades? Thank you.

July 4, 2022 -- Guys - hold off on using the Two Rock Jet 35 model preset in Naked Amps.

The Small Box and Dr. Z Route 66 are fine (Cliff changed little things there).

Something clearly happened between firmwares 19.08 and 20.01 to the Two Rock amp model, and the amp volume LEVEL expanded to positive numbers like +9 and +10 - it shouldn't have. Plus there is a new Two Rock speaker curve I want to try.

I'm going through doing little fixes and will post a 20.01 public Naked Amps into your "My Downloads' accounts later today/tonight. I will post here when it's done.

But so far 98%+ of the Naked Amp's presets saved under 19.08 (last zip file available) do work great/the same under the latest 20.01 public release.

If you find other issues, let me know - PM me or here.

Hi, I had a question. When I go to my account there is the May update for 19.08 FW, but not 20.01. I think the title of this thread says a 20.01 version is available? I'm not sure, but I bought Naked Amps in May so I have that version, I just wanted to upgrade. I think I am going to get the Live Gold also, is that one the same as far as upgrading? You only get up until what version you bought, and then you pay for upgrades? Thank you.
Larry, I don't think there is a newer Naked Amps update since May 2022.
The Live Gold was the newest update.Untitled.jpg

Larry, I don't think there is a newer Naked Amps update since May 2022.
The Live Gold was the newest update.View attachment 104451

This is right for the moment BUT I'm going to put up a July 2022 update for firmware 20.01 very soon with small fixes. If you are running 19.07 version it will run fine on 98% of the Naked Amps presets under 20.01/

Okay - this is JUST for those who bought the Axe-Fx III version of Naked Amps (for now).

Login to your account and under "My Downloads" you'll see an update for July 2022 AX3 Fw 20.01 -- new zip file. You may have to scroll down to see it.

This zip file will have both banks saved under firmware 20.01 public release, PLUS a fixed version of the optional AustinBuddy FC12 controller All layouts, plus each layout page individually, plus my latest global system+FC-12 .syx file save.

Plus the preset folder for the new amp models, I added the Axe-Fx III version of the Diamond Del Fuego preset there.

(Be aware, the FM9 file folder in this is untouched. I did delete the FM9 layouts in there because they aren't right anymore, and I don't have time to fix today. Will do that when the FM9 gets new firmwares update later this summer, probably this month.

If you bought the FM9 version, you won't see the new zip file here - it only appears to the Axe-FX III buyers).

Hi @Larry Ball

It's there now in your "My Downloads" account on my website if you bought the Axe-FX III version, under July 2022.

The FM9 version is unchanged - so that one will still only show May 2022 version.

In this 20.01 latest July 2022 update, version, I fixed the bad Two Rock amp volume issue, so that's correct now, I added the Diamond del Fuego amp model new preset into the individual amp presets folder, and I updated the AustinBuddy FC12 layouts to be correct. Everything else is pretty much the same. If you guys find a preset with an issue, PM me or email me.

A reputable user reported he was having pops when changing scenes just on the Naked Amps bass preset scenes like Ampeg SVT, but I can't replicate it here. Did say updating to 20.01 from 19.07 version did help but still a few issues. If anyone else is detecting this, let me know via PM.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom