Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.02 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a quick little demo of 20.01 vs Beta 1 20.02

*video intro text mistake, I used the new 1x12 g12t-75 impedance curve

It's actually quite audible. I thought I could hear a substantial difference after I finished coding it but I didn't do a before/after test so was just relying on memory (which is notoriously bad for audio).

I just dialed in a killer Pete Townshend tone using the Hiwatt and a 4x12 Hipower Lindsey B curve that I added last night.
Speaking of Hiwatt, I have measured the curves of a 1x12 and a 2x12 modern production, both with fane fhg-150 speakers (which are basically chinese made Medusas), if you're interested I can send them, they're in txt format (generated by REW) which, it seems, is zma compatible.

No. You would need access to my fitting program and that is not for public consumption.
I was thinking something embedded in the axe fx or axe edit that automatically converts txt or zma files, but I guess the conversion is not as simple as I imagined

Reactions: hmj
I did not compare this new FW to any other version, but Holy Crap does it feel right. I spent a lot of time last night just skipping to random amps, resetting the amp block, and having fun. Just every amp I grab feels great, and I’m mostly playing through amps that normally don’t hit me. It feels revelatory, like the tonal palette just became somehow even wider. The Speaker Impedance Curve improvement is visceral to me. What a time to be a guitarist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom