Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.02 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible bug?

When i select hipower jumped model and 4x12 hipower Pete T there's a strange low-pitched noise after playing a few low notes

PS: it goes away if I change SIC or if I increase Xformer low freq. And if I turn all the way down Cab resonance I get no sound at all

PPS: it seems it does all of the above with some other amps too (e.g. VH4 - all of them)

Last edited:
Possible bug?

When i select hipower jumped model and 4x12 hipower Pete T there's a strange low-pitched noise after playing a few low notes

PS: it goes away if I change SIC or if I increase Xformer low freq. And if I turn all the way down Cab resonance I get no sound at all

PPS: it seems it does all of the above with some other amps too (e.g. VH4 - all of them)
Confirmed. I see the problem and it will be fixed in the next release. Stay away from that curve for now.

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Wow... damn! FAS is a company on another level. Never seen anything like it... not even close. I just might have to update from 19.02 (where I’ve been very satisfied) to this when the final version is out. Incredible company and one of the best pieces of gear I’ve bought since I’ve been playing.. and that’s over 4 decades.

Wow... damn! FAS is a company on another level. Never seen anything like it... not even close. I just might have to update from 19.02 (where I’ve been very satisfied) to this when the final version is out. Incredible company and one of the best pieces of gear I’ve bought since I’ve been playing.. and that’s over 4 decades.
Welcome to the ride …

Thank you FAS 👍❤️🙏

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/20p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_20p02_beta1.zip

Had an epiphany yesterday. This is the result.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved speaker impedance curve fitting algorithm. This results in more accurate and more “colorful” modeling as the previous algorithm tended to damp box resonances somewhat. All the speaker impedance curves have been updated using the new routine. This does not affect existing presets. To load the new curve, select a different curve and then reselect the original curve.

Added 4x12 Lerxst Omega speaker impedance curve.

Added 1x12 Deluxe Oxford speaker impedance curve.

Added 4x12 Hipower Pete T speaker impedance curve.

Added 4x12 USA Semi-Open speaker impedance curve.

Added 2x12 Dizzy RV speaker impedance curve.
Dude, do you sleep???

The Hot Kitty curve is super exaggerated. It sounds cool, but just mentioning it. Thanks FAS. The new FW is inspiring to play so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom