Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.01 Public Beta 2 (Beta 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even cliff himself needs the amp and the diagram to implement a new one ……

It’s like saying to a guitar student who wants to learn Metallica, srv, gnrs « just learn the blues scale » or « they all come from 6 strings »

That’s a little more complex than that

Cool! Thx Cliff for this surprise - definitely stoked to give it a try!

While you have your attention toward this type of amp, I thought I would bring back the Tone King Imperial MkII amp as a suggestion for a future project of yours! ;-)

Cheers,
J

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/20p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_20p01_beta5.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Added Speaker Thump control to Amp block. Speaker Thump models the dynamic, nonlinear behavior of a guitar speaker. A value of 5.0 roughly corresponds to an amplifier running into a speaker rated at the same power as the amplifier, i.e., a 100W amplifier running into a 100W speaker. The reset value is a conservative 2.5 which represents, i.e., a 50W amp running into a 100W speaker. Note that the majority of the response is in the subsonic region and the effect is primarily tactile. Existing presets are not affected and the value will be zero.

Improved Amp block output transformer modeling. This requires updated Transformer LF/HF values for the amp models. Existing presets are automatically updated to the new values upon recall.

Decreased minimum diffuser time in Delay block to 1%.

Added G12T-75 speaker impedance curve.

Added Depth control to Authentic page for Brit Super, Brit 800 Mod and JMP-1 amp models.

Added Diamante Fire amp model based on a Diamond Del Fuego.

Changed “Drive” to “Gain” for Amp block preamp gain control as this is more consistent with naming in real amps.

Fixed switching channels on Drive block can cause pop.

Fixed switching channels on bypassed blocks can cause an audio gap.

Fixed wrong drive taper in Mr. Z Highway 66 model.

Fixed wrong capacitor value in Friedman Smallbox model.

FC: Fixed all FC "Effect" functions (Bypass and Channel, Global and Per-Preset) so they no longer change to an incorrect block when you upgrade from firmware 19.08 or older, or when you restore backups created under the same. NOTE: If you previously installed firmware 20.00 (beta or release) and manually saved changes to global or per-preset "Effect" switches, you may need to manually adjust switch settings again, or import backups created in firmware 19.08 or earlier.

FC: Fixed Factory Default layouts so FX Bypass and Channel switches use the correct blocks.

FC: Fixed an issue that prevented the Hold function from working correctly for some Stand-in Switches.

FC: Fixed UI to refresh when performing "Reset" on a Setlist or a Song from the front panel.

FC: Fixed Setlist functions to not load a song when "Song Load" is set to "None"

FC: Layout Link will no longer unduly trigger when exiting the Tuner.

FC: Preset: Select in Bank switches now stop flashing when the preset is changed by any means other than an FC footswitch (editor, front panel, etc.)

FC: Preset: Select in Bank switches now flash consistently when used with Bank: Select switches.

FC: Preset: Toggle in Bank now consistently and correctly loads the "Primary" preset after changing the bank.

FC: Removed "PREVIOUS" from Bank: Select function as it was replaced by "2nd Press = Previous Bank"

Various other fixes and improvements.
Thanks guys, always improving stuff. You're the best!

Oh my god, I think I've found my new favourite edge-of-breakup amp, this Diamante is incredible! The AC-20 preset I usually use just paled in the comparison. Going to take some dust off my lap-steel, it deserves it!
agreed. this thing is a gem...and I am lucky to have a bunch of https://www.celestionplus.com/products/irs-by-speaker/g12h-150-redback/
these in my user bank, the perfect match for this amp and its original paired 1 x12 cab.
No doubt about why this has been included. Thanks Cliff!

I thought I would bring back the Tone King Imperial MkII amp as a suggestion for a future project of yours!
I have one, along with the schematic, and a couple years ago offered to let them have hands on time with it.

It’s my grab and go amp that I leave on the lead channel, with it on 10 and the tone and mid-bite at 5 and control it from the guitar, from clean to scream. It’s a blast.

If you search the forums or axechange you can find an older version of my preset that imitates it.

Last edited:
Ooh, we still doing new amps ? A mezzabarba would be nice 😊. I guess it’s just a SLO, but can’t seem to get that grind I hear in demos.
As much as their creator loves the Soldano, the Mezzabarba is really nothing like an SLO. It’s far more aggressive and very much its own thing. At least the Skill, Mzero OD and Trinity. I cant speak for the rest of the line.

As much as their creator loves the Soldano, the Mezzabarba is really nothing like an SLO. It’s far more aggressive and very much its own thing. At least the Skill, Mzero OD and Trinity. I cant speak for the rest of the line.
they may sound slightly different and obviously the SLO uses a 5881 vs the El34 but trust me , they are very close
Amp builders that have opened them up will tell you so , the Mezza core Lead channel is SLO crossed with a Marshall , like many other have done .
if you read some of the builder boards like the the Slo clones forum they will tell you changing just a few components or cap values and use more or less filtering can drastically change the sound or feel of the amp .
but the builders that have seen them confirm they lean heavy in the Soldano camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom