Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Just updated the board with AKG WMS 40 mini and soldered an 90 degree stereo plug for expression pedal to save space and now the AKG fits exactly. The venting-holes should be not heavy covered and if needed, theres a little space left to move the stuff far enough.
Now I need additional 90 degree cables for the rest and it will be optimal then.
1655985050663.png

PXL_20220702_161348295.jpg
Took off the big sky and microcosm. I'm much more comfortable with fractals reverbs now. I absolutely love the plex verb it does the "cloud thing" very well! Shout-out to Voes for building such a good midi controller.. this will get me by until the Fm9 is at my door 😎

Hi there, FM3 sub-forum! Long time no see! I bought my first Fractal, an FM3, June '21. I flipped it for a MKII and since the Turbo came out right after I returned it for the Turbo, and it has been so wonderful.

And now this happened quickly and out of the blue: I landed an audition and got the gig in a tribute startup. Decided to buy an FM3 or FM9 for it, as I am no longer into hauling my Turbo out of the studio every time I need to rehearse. This is better!
I found an FM3 and another FC-6 and bought them used. Going through my old gear I pulled out my PedalTrain PRO and damned if everything doesn't fit really well! And it all goes in a big bag and slings over my shoulder together. Very cool, can't wait to use it Sunday (need to write my patches!) It isn't even particularly heavy. Sounds sooooo good I've been practicing with my Atomica preset and can't stop grinning.

Like I have been saying almost a year now, this gear and this company have changed my life.
Just going for total simplicity with this, but I do use my pedals/controllers for a lot of things; so yeah I can make use of three no problem.

Attachments

• DSC01434.JPG
    DSC01434.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 152
  • DSC01436.JPG
    DSC01436.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 152
Board (DIY) updated today,

my goal was to keep it as small as possible.

The modified Dunlop mini is serving as a midi controller (2 Midi switches, the 2 on the black board at the right, for Preset + and Preset -), expression pedal via midi external 1, Midi In via original TRS, Midi OUT/THRU via original OUT TRS, and AUX is a TRS for the 2 external switches.
Midi brain is a Midi CPU I still had in stock, but could be done with an Arduino as Midi CPU is not available anymore.

The 4 switches on left on the board are standing switches with layout link, so when pressed the FM3 mini LCD change to the corresponding layout of the scenes, so I see where I am in.

M Vave has 4 switches with tap and hold functions, currently used for looper control, direct tap tempo and tuner access but can do anything else as desired (FM3 has midi learn, so no need to change CC number in the midi CPU).
M VAVE Is Battery powered and is also sending CC of my choice by bluetooth to Logic (start recording, play stop..)

I used the space in the dunlop to add a 12V to 9V converter so I power everything from the FAS link (up to 500mA)
The Dunlop has 12V plug In, and 9V out to power the SONY wireless.

Zenrigs for protection, and it has exactly the space for the M Vave (just attached with soft magnets, but few ones to keep it strongly sticked)
I can still operate the A-E Knobs on the FM3 if I need to.

More than I need but was fun project and love it.

IMG_0273.JPG

Last edited:
Board (DIY) updated today,

my goal was to keep it as small as possible.

The modified Dunlop mini is serving as a midi controller (2 Midi switches, the 2 on the black board at the right, for Preset + and Preset -), expression pedal via midi external 1, Midi In via original TRS, Midi OUT/THRU via original OUT TRS, and AUX is a TRS for the 2 external switches.
Midi brain is a Midi CPU I still had in stock, but could be done with an Arduino as Midi CPU is not available anymore.

The 4 switches on left on the board are standing switches with layout link, so when pressed the FM3 mini LCD change to the corresponding layout of the scenes, so I see where I am in.

M Vave has 4 switches with tap and hold functions, currently used for looper control, direct tap tempo and tuner access but can do anything else as desired (FM3 has midi learn, so no need to change CC number in the midi CPU).
M VAVE Is Battery powered and is also sending CC of my choice by bluetooth to Logic (seat recording, play stop..)

I used the space in the dunlop to add a 12V to 9V converter so I power everything from the FAS link (up to 500mA)
The Dunlop has 12V plug In, and 9V out to power the SONY wireless.

Zenrigs for protection, and it has exactly the space for the M Vave (just attached with soft magnets, but few ones to keep it strongly sticked)
I can still operate the A-E Knobs on the FM3 if I need to.

More than I need but was fun project and love it.

View attachment 107847
That's an impressively small package for that much control and power.

That's an impressively small package for that much control and power.
Yes it is. And very simple to use as Mini LCD always show me what scene I am in (Limited to 7, but enough for me)

EDIT: and total weight is 6.3kg, with the Mono Club case

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom