Whammy

npdcoremetal

Inspired
Would be awesome to have the whammy function more like a whammy. Like that gross warbly sound.
The whammy in the 2 was closer. Im not saying the one in it is not good its just too perfect.
Wondering if there is a way to emulate the original nasty sound of the whammy 1-4

Use the Classic mode and set the pitch tracking lower. You can also play around with the pitch tracking settings, moving it from fast to off.

Use the Classic mode and set the pitch tracking lower. You can also play around with the pitch tracking settings, moving it from fast to off.
Thanks for the tip
I tried it
Its amazing how perfect they made it
The digi is gross sounding and has bite
Makes it sound out of tune and i know a lot of guys prob think its weird to want that but thats what im goin for

I'm not sure what you're describing. Can you post clips of the Whammy sound you're after?

I'm not sure what you're describing. Can you post clips of the Whammy sound you're after?
Best example i can think of is pantera becoming or suicide note part two
If i get some time tomorrow ill make a video
The ultra and 2 reproduced it ok and i could get that sound.
If you look at the new digi they even have a switch for classic for guys like me who like that warbly sound
Its like at the time when it was released the technology was not there and when you bent the notes up two octaves they would become out of tune
On the pantera becoming he is doing an octave and you can hear that is sounds like crap but in a good way
To me at least but since im the only one asking about it maybe im way off base
I just really love the whammy
I actually bought a wah bc I thought it may be better but the fractal wah is stellar so that will be sold
Its not a huge deal just thought maybe on the 3 there was a new setting i may have been missing to get it to bend out of tune and get that warbly sound

the OG whammys struggle with tracking too many notes. that's what causes the warbling that you're referring too. you may also see if digitech's documentation talks about the frequency response. The wiki references this post on lowering the high cut to 5k as well: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...e-1-19-public-beta.144260/page-3#post-1706880

long story short, you need to lower the ability to track more notes and lower the high cut value. i'm not really sure how to set the tracking to "exactly" match the old digitechs though

Would someone be so kind enough posting a WHAMMY block to share with me?
Newbie in tweaking sound for my Axe3 ... please help me, thank you in advance.

@honeypat here is the breakdown of how to easily set up a whammy block. To get the "glitchy" version described in the OP you will have to play with the tracking settings. (I'm not sure what the best values are for that, maybe someone else can chime in.)

Preset attached for a "Richochet" version of @Admin M@ 's Golden Whammy. You can adjust "Control" to taste.
Edit: The block preset didn't carry over the Modifiers on the Control and Mix knobs. Reference the screenshots below for how to set up the modifiers for the "Golden Whammy Richochet". Then adjust the Control modifier's Attack/Release settings to taste.

Alternatively you can copy the Whammy block from "Mr.Gilmour Lead" factory preset for the OG Golden Whammy (Expression Pedal version) -- @Admin M@ came up with the Golden Whammy idea for activating Whammy and its great. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/how-to-bring-in-a-whammy-without-auto-engage.72433/

You need to attach the same controller to both the "Control" knob and the "Mix" knob. I believe the Mix knob setting is the "golden" part of the Golden Whammy configuration.

1655744580878.png
1655744599093.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom