Sex Pistols / Steve Jones tone?

FarleyUK

Inspired
Inspired by the Pistol series, I've been trying to create a decent Steve Jones based preset (as we're covering a couple of Sex Pistols numbers). I know he used a Fender twin reverb with Gauss speakers, but I've hit a bit of a wall.

Has anyone got a decent Steve Jones-based preset, or guidance on the best way to go about setting it up? I think the main issue is that there doesn't seem to be any of the Gauss speakers in the AFX3 factory banks.

Cheers all!

I was playing around with Steve's rig-type last night. If I can get close, I'll upload it later today. Good fun!

I just came here to say that Steve rocks!

EDIT: I found this for his amp settings: If you want to recreate the amp settings, then try the following: Vibrato channel, Input 1, Bright: On, Volume: 10, Treble: 9, Middle: 10, Bass: 8, Reverb: 0, Speed: 0, Intensity: 0, Master Volume: 10

You'll have to use the right p/u's (he used a LP Custom) to push the amp b/c it likes to stay clean.

Steve was a straight rocker, so his sound is really driven by the guitar and amp, except that he did use a phaser sparingly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom