AFIII Blue on Black

Nicely done. Octavia or harmonizer for the solo? I know there are two schools of thought on which to use when covering that, regardless of what Kenny used on the original recording.

Sounds great CipherHost. Always loved this song for that lead tone. Great production all around on your part. Played around with it a couple weeks ago never finding a lead tone for it I was happy with. I have no single coil guitars and the one used for this tuning doesn't do split coil. Listening to it makes me feel like he uses another drive as well as the Octave on the lead.

Well he explains it himself in this rig rundown. Right at 27:00.

Last edited:
Sounds great CipherHost. Always loved this song for that lead tone. Great production all around on your part. Played around with it a couple weeks ago never finding a lead tone for it I was happy with. I have no single coil guitars and the one used for this tuning doesn't do split coil. Listening to it makes me feel like he uses another drive as well as the Octave on the lead.

Well he explains it himself in this rig rundown. Right at 27:00.

This was a great video I had not seen before. Makes me want to experiment with some different blocks in the signal path. Thanks for posting.

Back
Top Bottom