Schecter R66 YIN - Modded with custom pickguard and Vegatrem tremolo

Had one of these Vegatrem that are absolutely fabulous. Still I had the impression that with the lower mass of the tremblock it thinned a bit the sound. But impossible to push it out of tune, very precise and easy to mount also. Might get me another one if I can put my hands on a second-hand one. OTOH the factory mount Schecter trem on these R66 guitars are very stable also. Got me a blue one last year and very happy with it. Very versatile axe and easy to play.

Had one of these Vegatrem that are absolutely fabulous. Still I had the impression that with the lower mass of the tremblock it thinned a bit the sound. But impossible to push it out of tune, very precise and easy to mount also. Might get me another one if I can put my hands on a second-hand one. OTOH the factory mount Schecter trem on these R66 guitars are very stable also. Got me a blue one last year and very happy with it. Very versatile axe and easy to play.
Lower mass in the bridge is more likely to fatten the sound. Think about the aluminium stop tail on vintage Gibson . Lower mass lets more string energy pass to the wood.

Back
Top Bottom