Weird noise is driving me crazy HELP!

Hello! i bought my brand new FM3 1 month ago and im suffering of weird distorted noises usually in the 7th and 6th String , My guitar its a 7 string has humbucker and its Tuned DROP A.

The noise only happens when the amp block its on, if the chain line its only Input1->output2 its not happening, happens with headphones too(Beyerdinamic dt770pro). Everytime i Play A String or E string , the noise its like a flangey distorted trail, dialing with some Graphic EQ i noticed that when i cut 4K and when i make a Low cut with a filter block of more than 350khz the noise disappears a little bit but not completely.

I tried with different cables, different headphones and different guitars, and always the same result.

The input its never clipping, it has a 12db pad and my pickups are not active.

When I play my guitar through my real tube amp the noise its not happening.

I made a recording with a basic preset, factory settings just a Jazz amp 120 and a factory cabinet. its just input1-> AMP->Cabinet>Output1

I tried with different clean amps like the silververb, Atomica LOW, USA Clean and the result its the same.

Has my unit any problem? or its just a setup problem?

this is the recording just playing A and E Open strings. The recording its loud, recommend u to turn the volume lower a bit. Thanks in advance :)

EDIT:Solved updating firmware

Last edited:
Might be clipping?
As i wrote the Input its not clipping, never reaches the red, and the output red light never goes on, the input has a 12db PAD and the pickups are not active or hot. There is headroom avaliable in the amp block meter and if i use the Preset leveling tool its not reaching the red.

Sorry didn’t see where you said that, and it sounded like clipping on my speakers. It may be a setup issue on your guitar if it’s just those two strings. Don’t know why you aren’t hearing it on a tube amp.

Are you running firmware 5.02? I believe you may be hearing an issue that was fixed for 5.03.
I´ve never updated since it was bought last month, so it should have the factory firmware and maybe its the 5.02. As soon as im in my studio tomorrow i will check the firmware and update to the latest, and i will let u know. Thanks :)

Also, (if the firmware update doesn't fix it), have a play with your input noise gate settings.
Thanks
Pauly

I´ve never updated since it was bought last month, so it should have the factory firmware and maybe its the 5.02. As soon as im in my studio tomorrow i will check the firmware and update to the latest, and i will let u know. Thanks :)

Are you running firmware 5.02? I believe you may be hearing an issue that was fixed for 5.03.
Resonance from the guitar? Strings hitting something? Foil on a PU or like that?
Also, (if the firmware update doesn't fix it), have a play with your input noise gate settings.
Thanks
Pauly
Thanks to everyone, the unit had the firmware 5.01 i updated to the 5.03 beta. And it has improved a lot, now i will dial a little bit with Low end cutting and the noise gate to tame the tone. Any advice regarding Lowcut HZ for DROPA Tuning? When im not recording im playing through Poweramp + Cab with Cab Disabled, so making the low cut in the Cab block makes no sense, Where will be the best way? Thanks again :)

When playing with headphones I usually set the low cut in the preamp section of the cab block to 80Hz (and high cut to 8000Hz). Those numbers work very well, I got them from one of Leon's videos.

I've struggled with this issue, across many devices and with both my bass and my electric guitar (both passive pickups). I have theories, but haven't figured it out. At some point, I started losing my tenuous grip on reality/sanity so I gave up.

With the FM3, if I turn my bass volume way down it cleans up. I wonder if my pickups might be outputting some subsonic frequencies that don't play nice with some ADC's. Again, this is across multiple devices, brands, inputs.

I'll be watching this thread with interest, to see if a solution or clarification is found.

FWIW, I'm using firmware 5.01.

I've struggled with this issue, across many devices and with both my bass and my electric guitar (both passive pickups). I have theories, but haven't figured it out. At some point, I started losing my tenuous grip on reality/sanity so I gave up.

With the FM3, if I turn my bass volume way down it cleans up. I wonder if my pickups might be outputting some subsonic frequencies that don't play nice with some ADC's. Again, this is across multiple devices, brands, inputs.

I'll be watching this thread with interest, to see if a solution or clarification is found.

FWIW, I'm using firmware 5.01.
Hey Stub, it improved a lot upgrading the firmware. now im running the last one 5.03 beta 6. For me its working. Give it a shot.
i was running 5.01 when i had the problems.

Back
Top Bottom