FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloaded but had to go back to 5.02 as several of my main presets and scenes were getting maxed out and muted. I could lower the echo density on reverbs or use standard res for cabs, but I don't think the sound difference is worth making those changes. May need to stay on 5.02 until a crazy new update makes me upgrade and change a bunch of settings on my presets.

Is anyone having issues with their FC’s? I posted a help me thread and I don’t wanna jump the gun but my FC12 is completely dead after updating to beta 5.
That did not happen here. I even had the FC-12 connected to the FM3 during the update. My FC-12 is a Mark II, which should not make a difference, but just to be sure, checked with Mark Day who also installed this beta to his FM3 with an FC-12 Mark 1 and everything was fine for him too. I'll paste this into your support email too and talk about next steps there.

Hi!

Please fix it: more faster scene change!
Please fix it: the output is sometimes switched off when i switch

Thanks!

Hi!

Please fix it: more faster scene change!
Please fix it: the output is sometimes switched off when i switch

Thanks!
Scene changes are pretty much instantaneous. You might be hearing an audio gap from changing amp channel?

Output switched off when you switch what?

@rglr It installed OK.

I ran through a bunch of my personal presets and saw some minor changes to amp levels. I think they're remnants of the previous b3 bug that's related to the second and third bullets:
  • Incorrect audio levels across presets and scenes
  • Amp and Delay block mix parameters not setting properly
They seem to be saving correctly after moving past them and then returning.

The FM3 locked up once while shuffling presets around using the Preset Manager during the Save process. I was removing a preset and shuffling the others up one slot. I tried duplicating it several times and it hasn't reoccurred, so this is just to note the occurrence.

It sounds awesome!
Can you describe how to reproduce the issue you're seeing?

FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 5 is now available for download:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/5p0/fm3_dsp_rel_5p03_beta_5.zip

A new version of FM3-Edit is required for FW version 5.03:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-edit-1-05-09-supports-firmware-5-03-public-beta-1.183431/

This build fixes the following issues found in previous 5.03 betas:
  • 59 Bassguy Bright displayed on every preset
  • Audio drop in 59 Bassguy Normal and 59 Bassguy Jumped

NEW AND IMPROVED FEATURES​

• Added “Scene Ignore” to most blocks. When set to ON, Scene Ignore instructs the block to ignore scene changes. Scene Ignore is a per-channel parameter. This allows turning Scene Ignore to OFF on one or more channels which will then allow a scene change to set the block to a desired state if the block is on that channel.
  • Added frequency and cents text to Tuner display.
  • Improved Amp block transformer/speaker interaction modeling. The “Voice Coil Resistance” parameter has been repurposed/renamed “Speaker Impedance”. The various parameters work as follows:
    • Transformer Matching: Sets the impedance ratio (square of the turns ratio) of the output transformer.
    • Speaker Impedance: Sets the relative nominal impedance of the speaker. To simulate connecting, e.g., a 4-ohm speaker to an 8-ohm output you would set Speaker Impedance to 0.5. Conversely to simulate connecting a 16-ohm speaker you would set it to 2.0.
  • Update PI Bias Excursion parameters for many Amp models based on new measurement technique.

FIXES​

• Fixed 59 Bassguy Jumped audio drop when Normal Drive is set to zero and Bright Drive is adjusted rapidly.
  • Fixed crash in Plex Delay block when Master Time is zero.
  • Fixed crash in Parametric EQ block graph when modifier update rate set to Medium or Fast.
  • Per-Preset FC Settings pages will now scroll properly.
FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 5 is now available for download:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/5p0/fm3_dsp_rel_5p03_beta_5.zip

A new version of FM3-Edit is required for FW version 5.03:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-edit-1-05-09-supports-firmware-5-03-public-beta-1.183431/

This build fixes the following issues found in previous 5.03 betas:
  • 59 Bassguy Bright displayed on every preset
  • Audio drop in 59 Bassguy Normal and 59 Bassguy Jumped

NEW AND IMPROVED FEATURES​

• Added “Scene Ignore” to most blocks. When set to ON, Scene Ignore instructs the block to ignore scene changes. Scene Ignore is a per-channel parameter. This allows turning Scene Ignore to OFF on one or more channels which will then allow a scene change to set the block to a desired state if the block is on that channel.
  • Added frequency and cents text to Tuner display.
  • Improved Amp block transformer/speaker interaction modeling. The “Voice Coil Resistance” parameter has been repurposed/renamed “Speaker Impedance”. The various parameters work as follows:
    • Transformer Matching: Sets the impedance ratio (square of the turns ratio) of the output transformer.
    • Speaker Impedance: Sets the relative nominal impedance of the speaker. To simulate connecting, e.g., a 4-ohm speaker to an 8-ohm output you would set Speaker Impedance to 0.5. Conversely to simulate connecting a 16-ohm speaker you would set it to 2.0.
  • Update PI Bias Excursion parameters for many Amp models based on new measurement technique.

FIXES​

• Fixed 59 Bassguy Jumped audio drop when Normal Drive is set to zero and Bright Drive is adjusted rapidly.
  • Fixed crash in Plex Delay block when Master Time is zero.
  • Fixed crash in Parametric EQ block graph when modifier update rate set to Medium or Fast.
  • Per-Preset FC Settings pages will now scroll properly.
59 bassguy still cuts out... with new update..

Hey uh @rglr did the bass guy tho NGD and it’s still broken. As a matter of fact even if i switched presets my volume stayed cut out completely. Had to turn off my unit to get it to come back

Downloaded this beta 5 and had a problem. Patch 126 Plexpressor.
Star playing and suddenly error msg: CPU Limit - MUTED.
Canot play this patch.

Downloaded this beta 5 and had a problem. Patch 126 Plexpressor.
Star playing and suddenly error msg: CPU Limit - MUTED.
Canot play this patch.
That’s not a bug that’s a boost in cpu usage that they’ll need to address by going over the factory presets or hopefully getting the code eventually to cut on cpu usage again

@rglr It installed OK.

I ran through a bunch of my personal presets and saw some minor changes to amp levels. I think they're remnants of the previous b3 bug that's related to the second and third bullets:
They seem to be saving correctly after moving past them and then returning.

The FM3 locked up once while shuffling presets around using the Preset Manager during the Save process. I was removing a preset and shuffling the others up one slot. I tried duplicating it several times and it hasn't reoccurred, so this is just to note the occurrence.

It sounds awesome!
I am having this issue. If I get to switching back and forth between scenes on a preset that has a cpu warning, it can be reproduced. Unfortunately, some presets seem to have very inaccurate cpu usage. They are getting muted when they shouldn't be.

I am having this issue. If I get to switching back and forth between scenes on a preset that has a cpu warning, it can be reproduced. Unfortunately, some presets seem to have very inaccurate cpu usage. They are getting muted when they shouldn't be.
Which issue?

Your description doesn’t match what I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom