Is there a way to do something like that with the Axe Fx 3?

DIY an expresion peadal with a joystick, and you can even go beyond that with 2D movement by adding different effects to the X and Y axis (e.g.: pitch on X, modulation on Y), like with a keyboard expression joystick

"The StickPedal" ©2022, Patent Pending by @Piing, consists of a horizontal stick attached to a spring-centered joystick that can be displaced with the feet. The end of the stick is attached to a "cup" where the shoe tip can be introduced to facilitate vertical and horizontal displacement. It sends MIDI CC Continuous Control from both the X and Y axis movement. 🤓

Last edited:
Couldn't you just add a spring to an existing expression pedal? Or am I barking up the wrong Madhatter's leg?

Couldn't you just add a spring to an existing expression pedal? Or am I barking up the wrong Madhatter's leg?
I'm thinking it would have to be two perfectly synced springs, so the pedal returned to "middle" position so it had forward ad backwards travel.

You can get a bike tire and slice it to about 1/2 inch. That can be placed on the heel end if your expression pedal - mine is a mission sp1 and you get spring loading instantly. With the correct Whammy setting in reverse you can get this kind of effect for much less than the BGP.

Back
Top Bottom