Goodbye to Klaus Schulze

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Farewell to electronic music pioneer, composer and musician Klaus Schulze.

"To call Klaus Schulze a pioneer of the electronic-music movement of the last half-century almost feels like an understatement.
The Berlin-born-and-bred Schulze is a sequencer and synthesizer innovator who serves as the direct antecedent for the likes of Brian Eno, not to mention being an absolute master of the Moog, Mini or otherwise. Initially responsible for drums, percussion, and “metal sticks” in Tangerine Dream’s inaugural trio format for their free-form electronic experimental debut album, 1970’s
Electronic Meditation, Schulze moved on to other instruments and full solo status in 1972. His wide-swath-cutting ambient 1975 album Timewind features the man’s first use of a sequencer, while 1976’s Moondawn puts the spotlight on Moog and ARP synth in prime kraut-rock fashion." — Sound and Vision

1651071325139.png

Understatement indeed.

I saw them in live in 1986. Super great night. I used to have all their early albums on vinyl, and still listen to them when I need to concentrate on tasks. I always looked for more music like Tangerine Dream, but nothing really came close.

Thanks for everything Klaus

Back
Top Bottom