Where's the 1990s Great Music Thread On This Darn Forum??

I have one from the archives. The Arc Angels debut is such an amazing album. Songwriting, singing, guitar interplay.
What a band. And it looks they are going to reform for some shows this Summer. :)

Saw them here at Antone's a few weeks ago for the first time in almost 30 years. They were most excellent.

I saw these guys early on in the Mourning View tour. FANTASTIC show.

I’ve caught these guys a few times over the years, first opening for Korn on the SCIENCE tour and you could tell at that show they were going to get big. I still remember hearing “New Skin” that night and how it sounded in that arena. Next time I saw them was a couple weeks before “Drive” came out as a single, opening for Primus. That was the show that made me really enjoy the band quite a bit. I know I caught them on the Morning View tour but they were headlining then, then again in the early 00’s but I had kind of dipped out around then. I think it was the album with “Sick Sad Little World” on it, IIRR, there was a radio edit of that song and the album version had a big instrumental break in the middle where Mike was doing some killer EJ-like koto tapping.

I’m glad I waited until I was home to dig into this thread so I could actually listen to some of these, this was like re-living some of the best points of my teen years.

Here’s a few that I can thank Boston’s WAAF for turning me onto-

(Spacehog played immediately after this one for me hahah)

Used to cover this one in a band and no knew who the fuck it was but it’s a great song-

Some more Tea Party because this song is AWESOME-

There’s never too much FNM-

Funny story attached to this song- I was filling in in my buddy’s band on an out of state gig, we were in a big conversion van getting ripped, driving through these beautiful snow covered mountains in Vermont and documenting everything on a camcorder. We realized after that my buddy’s parents wouldn’t be too thrilled to see us getting high so we filmed over that footage, or thought we did. We get back home and his parents want to watch the video of the trip, we chuckle to each other thinking we’re in the clear when halfway through it it hard cuts to a scene of my buddy passing a bowl while laughing his ass off maniacally with this song in the background, then immediately cuts to footage of us loading gear into the venue. :D It was maybe 2.5 seconds of evidence and just enough to show what we were up to. I thought I’d crack a joke to lighten the suddenly dark mood by saying “Well, at least we didn’t filim all the stuff that happened after the gig.” and his mom (who is like a mother to me) just said “ANDREW!!! NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!” Man those were the days.

Back
Top Bottom