FM9 Firmware Version 2.01

That's a massive update, thanks FAS team!

Q. to whom already installed the new FW, did the overall sound of your presets changed compared FW 1.0?
Got my FM9 all setup and too many presets ready running for my band and we are in a middle of a "tour" (if I can call it that way) running several gigs, don't want to change anything.
Thanks.
Yes
Avoid it if you have gigs and don't have time to rework your sounds

First: Big THANKS to all the Fractal Team, it´s been a large wait, but today is the Day.

BUG: When TenTap Block is present, the block is working even when bypassed.

Ten-Tap Delay block bypass bug confirmed, but only when bypass mode is set to "mute fx in". Setting bypass mode to any other type the block behaves as expected.
Hi,
There's a missing line of code in the ten-tap effect initialization code that's the cause of this. We'll get an update out soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks.

Wooooo!!!! YEEEESSS!! Thank you FAS Team for delivering this massive update! Super appreciate all the hard work that went into this!

Just curious, is this firmware release in parity with whatever was released for Axe FX III v19.06 (minus the Scene Ignore stuff) or is it in parity with an earlier 19.x release?
Hi,
The effects are of the same generation as Axe FX III version 19.06.
Thanks

Hi,
There's a missing line of code in the ten-tap effect initialization code that's the cause of this. We'll get an update out soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks.
This also happens with the "Mute In".

Great update, thanks everyone at Fractal ;)

Any update on whether scene/preset spillover is still being captured and replayed when returning to a scene/preset? This happens on select cloud verbs, reverse delay, chorus hall etc. That bug kills the unit for any ambient play.

Any update on whether scene/preset spillover is still being captured and replayed when returning to a scene/preset? This happens on select cloud verbs, reverse delay, chorus hall etc. That bug kills the unit for any ambient play.

It still does that. Has Fractal ever confirmed it as a bug?

It still does that. Has Fractal ever confirmed it as a bug?
I was hoping this was addressed, as per these notes...

• Improved scene switching to prevent signal “leaking” into bypassed blocks.
  • Fix: Modifiers now update correctly on Preset/Scene changes. This fixes, for example, an issue which could cause a burst of sound when a volume pedal was used across sound changes.

I was hoping this was addressed, as per these notes...

Maybe we're talking about two different issues.

I have a preset that changes channels on the MultiPlex block (set to Plex Verb) when changing scenes. The output level for the block is -15 (channel B) on one scene, and -3.9 (Channel A) on scene two When going from the scene set to -15 to the scene set to -3.9 there is a loud wash of Plexi verb that immediately comes in upon scene switch. It's easy to reproduce using these settings. I don't think those improvements you quoted address this situation since the block is never bypassed, and no modifiers are used. The output of the block is changed and you can hear that when you switch scenes. I really don't think this is a bug and don't really know how it could/should be addressed.

Maybe we're talking about two different issues.

I have a preset that changes channels on the MultiPlex block (set to Plex Verb) when changing scenes. The output level for the block is -15 (channel B) on one scene, and -3.9 (Channel A) on scene two When going from the scene set to -15 to the scene set to -3.9 there is a loud wash of Plexi verb that immediately comes in upon scene switch. It's easy to reproduce using these settings. I don't think those improvements you quoted address this situation since the block is never bypassed, and no modifiers are used. The output of the block is changed and you can hear that when you switch scenes. I really don't think this is a bug and don't really know how it could/should be addressed.

Such bursts can indeed happen when the block's Output Level changes between scenes or presets. If possible, try to maintain the same output level, and use the block's Input Gain instead.

Such bursts can indeed happen when the block's Output Level changes between scenes or presets. If possible, try to maintain the same output level, and use the block's Input Gain instead.
^This

I recently helped a guy fix a preset of his that was doing similar. He had his reverb mix high but input level to the reverb block low on one scene and then the other had the input at 100% and the mix low. Having them both with the input level at 100% and only changing the mix fixed it. I think either/or would work fine but using both to achieve similar things was detrimental.

^This

I recently helped a guy fix a preset of his that was doing similar. He had his reverb mix high but input level to the reverb block low on one scene and then the other had the input at 100% and the mix low. Having them both with the input level at 100% and only changing the mix fixed it. I think either/or would work fine but using both to achieve similar things was detrimental.
In my instance, I run all delays and verbs parallel, so all mixes are at 100%. The issue is when swapping from one scene/preset to another, it spills over very well, but when swapping back to that preset or scene, it seems like it “replays” the spill over from your previous scene.

In my instance, I run all delays and verbs parallel, so all mixes are at 100%. The issue is when swapping from one scene/preset to another, it spills over very well, but when swapping back to that preset or scene, it seems like it “replays” the spill over from your previous scene.

There's no such thing as spillover per scene. Do the channels of Reverb / Delay change when switching scenes, or do blocks get bypassed?

There's no such thing as spillover per scene. Do the channels of Reverb / Delay change when switching scenes, or do blocks get bypassed?
It isn’t the “correct term” but that’s essentially what it’s doing. Running 2 delays, 2 reverbs in parallel, all on mute fx in. I’m not sure how this issue is even possible, but multiple people have complained about it with specific verbs/delays. There is very little I can think of that could cause such a thing. For instance, I play a song at rehearsal that starts with an ambient scene, when I eventually go back to that preset for the actual set it releases a cocophany of the “spillover” I had when I exited that preset/scene. I can post a preset much later today, I posted another preset right when the FM9 was released, same issues, no fix.

It isn’t the “correct term” but that’s essentially what it’s doing. Running 2 delays, 2 reverbs in parallel, all on mute fx in. I’m not sure how this issue is even possible, but multiple people have complained about it with specific verbs/delays. There is very little I can think of that could cause such a thing. For instance, I play a song at rehearsal that starts with an ambient scene, when I eventually go back to that preset for the actual set it releases a cocophany of the “spillover” I had when I exited that preset/scene. I can post a preset much later today, I posted another preset right when the FM9 was released, same issues, no fix.
Parallel should be mute in. Series should be mute fx in. Does changing that help?

I just had the weridest thing happen, the fm9 went dead silent. No sound at all, twisted knobs, reopened and closed editor. Restarting the unit fixed it, but that was not cool.

Back
Top Bottom