FM9 Firmware Version 2.01

Any ETA on updated default presets? Something was mentioned a couple weeks ago that those were being worked on.
There's no ETA. Fractal has been quite busy lately pumping out software updates, and the factory preset updates follow major updates of the firmware, so it will happen eventually. With 383 presets (currently) in the queue it takes a while to work through them, even if there have been no big firmware changes, so I expect that there'll be more scrutiny of each preset when the time comes as today's update was major.

Oh hell yes!!! My AX3 and FM9 are living in harmony again! Thank you FAS.
It's really cool to hear the FM9 sound massive like the FX3. I don't play metal but enjoy a good metal sound, and I've spent a lot of time lost in rabbit holes thinking "HOLY SH••! THIS IS KILLER!"

What really floors me is that, even with headphones on, I'd swear my guitar was going to go into feedback on several of them. The modeler wants to, it's just the physics that won't let it. Taking a riff-heavy John Mayer song and pushing it through a USA Lead Mid Gain Bright-based preset is priceless! :)

Thanks for all of your hard work, FAS!!!

Quick question! I see all of the release notes that Yek put up; If you were previously on Beta 2.01 v2, does this update include tone changes to everything; improvements in amp block transformer stuff, etc, drive block improvements etc, or would this just be the official release that addressed the bugs of Beta 2.01 v2? I have a service tonight, so I'm not gonna mess with anything anyway, but just curious (I'm assuming the release notes are just for the official release, but this official update would just address the bugs known from Beta 2.01 v2 for those who were using it).

Wooooo!!!! YEEEESSS!! Thank you FAS Team for delivering this massive update! Super appreciate all the hard work that went into this!

Just curious, is this firmware release in parity with whatever was released for Axe FX III v19.06 (minus the Scene Ignore stuff) or is it in parity with an earlier 19.x release?

Wow, since this is my first amp modeller and first time doing a firmware update, I was not expecting the sound to improve THAT MUCH. My favorite presets feel so much more alive and I did not even think it was possible. Aside from maybe modelling amp feedback, which I can't even imagine how that could be done or simulated, I cannot see the tone improving any more.

Wow, since this is my first amp modeller and first time doing a firmware update, I was not expecting the sound to improve THAT MUCH. My favorite presets feel so much more alive and I did not even think it was possible.

Every time you start to think, "it can't get any better than this", these guys drop another update....

Aside from maybe modelling amp feedback, which I can't even imagine how that could be done or simulated, I cannot see the tone improving any more.

I get feedback quite frequently. All it takes is enough gain to grab the vibrations from your speaker that vibrate your guitar's strings and amplify it to the degree that it becomes self-sustaining.

Investigate the "gain enhancer" output compression in the amp block. A little dab'll do ya, but it does a good job of adding the extra sustain and "frying the air" mids that happen when you are playing a loud amp at ear-bleeding levels....

That's a massive update, thanks FAS team!

Q. to whom already installed the new FW, did the overall sound of your presets changed compared FW 1.0?
Got my FM9 all setup and too many presets ready running for my band and we are in a middle of a "tour" (if I can call it that way) running several gigs, don't want to change anything.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom