Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.06

At the risk of being asking a redundant question...how does it sound compared to 19.05?

19.05 has sounded spectacular at the last 2 jams I attended.

I mainly use the Dumble, Wrecker, Fender amp models.

Burgs Dumbles, the Kid Charlemagne preset, and the odd SRV preset are the ones I have tweaked to suit my setup.

Apart from bug fixes is there a reason to move to .06?

I ONLY USE PRESETS, NO SCENES, AND HAVE NO USE FOR SET LISTS.

Your thoughts please.
As far as I recall 19.05 has a bug that affects the Amp block in a negative way...

Also, everyone uses scenes. You can't not use them... Although you might only use 1 per preset ;)

If i open any custom Preset, the Amp Block shows a 59 Bassman with all controlls at noon, untill i click on Channel "A" once,
then my Amp from the Preset is there.
can confirm this in axe edit as of 1.10.11 but don't currently have it home to test it on 1.11.01

For me it sounds slightly LESS bright (in a very good way) compared to Beta. Great update, highly recommend everyone to try it out!
I was having some issues with the C/C# note resonating more than the other notes when palm muting. This is mainly because of my room. Although it is lightly treated (and it works very well) there was always this more than necessary resonance. With the last updates, this area is more under control. With the latest update, the low end seems to be a little more compressed, in a good way. Low end definitely isn't compressed mush. Actually it is a bit more angry, maybe because it is compressed LOL. The difference is too obvious compared to the beta. Low end is more focused and I feel the power when palm muting. JP2C is now a great amp!

Maybe the 'brighter' comments are caused by this. I also hear nothing more than necessary with the high end. 19.06 final is a great update. I will probably record my album with this fw.

Lastly, the new Axe Edit is super responsive. Thanks Fractal!

There is a small bug in the "Song > Select in Set" function. Only 9 characters are displayed in the editor and on the FC 12.
  • Left button uses "Inc / Dec in Set"
  • Right button uses "Select in Set"
  • Both buttons refer to the same song
1650010750815.png

Updated last night right before rehearsal. Yes, it changed. I heard the same thing. Cleaner, brighter and w the bottom rolled off a bit.

I'm not saying it's bad. It's just different.

I welcome a bit more brightness as it trickles down to FM3 and FM9, provided it's the right kind of brightness.

You may have tried this but you need to import the Songs first, then the Setlists.
I did import the songs first but didn't bother trying to import the set lists because it just didn't seem to be working right.
However I noticed after I reverted back that axe edit prompted me to download a new update which was probably where the problem was, I looked for a new axe edit update when I updated and couldn't find one but maybe I should have checked the forum thread for it and I would have had more success, duuuuuh lol.
I'll update again on tuesday then start from scratch but now I've got it running smoothly again I'll leave it as it is with the Beta version because I have four gigs to play over the weekend starting in a few hours.
Cheers for the input though :)

EDIT OK I couldn't wait could I? lol
I went for the update again along with the new Axe Edit because I have a couple of hours to kill.
Now everything went like clockwork, songs and setlists imported and all up and running great, Now bring on the gigs I'm raring to go.
Thanks FAS team for your outstanding work and have a great Easter wekend everyone :)

Last edited:
Cab manager bug bummer. Tried rearranging some IR's, deleting old ones and adding some new ones. Now everything is all messed up. Looked ok at first, everything saved. But when I close cab manager and view cabs thru cab block, the new ones aren't there. Only my older ones. The deleted ones stayed deleted there. Reloading my backup file now, man is it s l o w.

Apparently the backup file loaded successfully, the cabs sound correctly but the names read as "empty". Has to be an Axe Edit glitch as the cab names read properly via front panel. Axe Edit version 1.11.01

Anybody have the previous version I can use?

View attachment 100028View attachment 100029
So I'm lying in bed last night thinking about this when the light bulb goes on... Refresh after FW! Doh, I'll shut up now.

The Song/Setlist feature is a game changer for me. It's going to take some time, but I have till the summer gig season to get it set up. This is yet another reason I'm on the Fractal train! Thanks to all who make these changes possible!

I haven't read the whole thread but I might have found a BUG:

Parametric EQ bypass state does not get reflected across scenes. I made sure to toggle scene ignore on/off too so that it does not have an effect.

To replicate, in Axe-Edit (latest version) I have Parametric EQ 1 set to enabled in scene 1. In scene 2 I have it set disabled.

When I switch to scene 2, the block gets bypassed. When I switch back to scene 1 the effect is still bypassed.

I am also seeing the channel reset back to ch A. I can't get this to happen when using the Axe-Edit UI but when I use a MIDI controller to send scene select MIDI CC (mapped to CC 34) this occurs. I made sure to check that there were no MIDI mappings for channel or bypass that could cause this.

EDIT: Not a bug, had Scene revert turned on for some reason.

Last edited:
I love the new setlist / song feature and now not having to make copies of patches in order to do a show. A few minor improvements I would like to see:

1. Add a sort option for songs in the right column, such as alphabetical sort.
  2. Increase the character limit of 10 for song names so that the larger LCD display on the FC-6/FC-12 doesn't have to be shortened like on the individual mini-LCDs
  3. Increase the setlist limit to greater than 4. This is pretty minor as I know we can export/import setlists, but I like to keep historical sets for when we return to a venue as to make sure we don't repeat the same stuff.
  4. Add a "Copy Setlist" feature so we can easily build new setlists from a template without having to export/import.

My question is are we going to need to re enter songs after more updates or is there a way to export and import songs to the list?

I haven't read the whole thread but I might have found a BUG:

Parametric EQ bypass state does not get reflected across scenes. I made sure to toggle scene ignore on/off too so that it does not have an effect.

To replicate, in Axe-Edit (latest version) I have Parametric EQ 1 set to enabled in scene 1. In scene 2 I have it set disabled.

When I switch to scene 2, the block gets bypassed. When I switch back to scene 1 the effect is still bypassed.

I am also seeing the channel reset back to ch A. I can't get this to happen when using the Axe-Edit UI but when I use a MIDI controller to send scene select MIDI CC (mapped to CC 34) this occurs. I made sure to check that there were no MIDI mappings for channel or bypass that could cause this.

Can't test it atm, but as I understand it: when switching through MIDI, bypass state is determined by Scene Revert, not by Scene Ignore.
That's why switching in the editor versus MIDI-switching can have different results, because the editor always ignores the Scene Revert setting (by design).

Can't test it atm, but as I understand it: when switching through MIDI, bypass state is determined by Scene Revert, not by Scene Ignore.
That's why switching in the editor versus MIDI-switching can have different results, because the editor always ignores the Scene Revert setting (by design).
Huh, seems I had somehow Scene revert on despite not remembering ever setting it. Maybe I've set it by accident. Thanks, that seems to have solved it.

Back
Top Bottom