Anyone want to talk about Elon Musk trying to buy Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

marsonic

Power User
So....

Apparently Elon Musk started the process for a hostile takeover of Twitter, essentially offering to over-pay for all existing stock to take the company private.

Anyone have thoughts?

He would have the cash ..., based on the profit potential of the business model a whole slew of banks would step-up to finance it ....

That said ..., only if they think he's a stable personality ( and the jury just might still be out on that one :tearsofjoy: ) ....

He doesn't have the cash to do this. He's doing more manipulation and the SEC needs to step in.
Actually, he does.

Based on the number of shares and his offer, the purchase price looks like it would be about 2.7 Billion. According to his tax disclosures last year, he has about 13 Billion in cash.

Unless I'm missing something, he could pay for it with a wire transfer. I think it would be funny if he paid for it with a comically large burlap sack with a dollar bill on the side. I wouldn't put it past him, but that's probably not realistic. I'm not even sure where he'd deliver it.

$2.7B Billion!! That's...

100 Million Dollars 100 Million Dollars 100 Million Dollars 100 Million Dollars 100 Million Dollars 100 Million Dollars 100 Million Dollars
100 Million Dollars 100 Million Dollars 100 Million Dollars 100 Million Dollars 100 Million Dollars 100 Million Dollars 100 Million Dollars
100 Million Dollars 100 Million Dollars 100 Million Dollars 100 Million Dollars 100 Million Dollars 100 Million Dollars, or one thousand $2,700,000!!

Unbelievable

I think it would be funny if he paid for it with a comically large burlap sack with a dollar bill on the side. I wouldn't put it past him, but that's probably not realistic. I'm not even sure where he'd deliver it.

Lmao that would be 60,000 lbs of $100 bills. Comically large would be an understatement. He’d need two Falcon Heavy’s to get it to Mars

Twitter is, yes, a "cesspool of censorship and political agenda"; but, more than that, it's a cesspool of bad writing.

The very nature and strictures of the platform encourage people to communicate in a lowest-common-denominator, eyeball-catching kind of way. It actively discourages nuance in favor of flamewars.

It would be an exaggeration, to claim that Twitter has degraded public discourse to a pre-civilizational barbaric level. That would be going too far.

But, not, y'know, by THAT much.

Actually, he does.

Based on the number of shares and his offer, the purchase price looks like it would be about 2.7 Billion. According to his tax disclosures last year, he has about 13 Billion in cash.

Unless I'm missing something, he could pay for it with a wire transfer. I think it would be funny if he paid for it with a comically large burlap sack with a dollar bill on the side. I wouldn't put it past him, but that's probably not realistic. I'm not even sure where he'd deliver it.
He spent 3 billion to purchase his 9% stake. 2.7 billion seems a bit low to buy back everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom