Frfr Question

tcarnes68

Inspired
I have been using my buddies Yamaha DXR 10 and absolutely love it. I w
An to get the 12 though as I also play keyboards and thing the 12 would be better for that. Ie seen people talk up the QSC k series. Are they that much better from anyones experience? I know some will dawg the Yamaha but I’ve always had great luck with their stuff and those does really do sound great for th guitar.

If you can, get them both together, side by side, and do an A/B comparison. Pick the one that sounds best to your ears.

I don't remember any keyboard player who brought a 12" to the rehearse or to a gig. They usually bring small stuff with 8" or 10". If they'd want the full bass they'd need 15", but you get enough lows from the p.a. anyway, so...

i've got a pair of qsck12.2's and they sound great. we use them as our main pa tops. i felt they needed a slight cut at around 6k, but apart from that, when set to "live" mode, they sound great. the original k12's were the frfr of choice for fractal users some years ago. i'd give the new 10's a try - they have the same amp as the 12's and they're much lighter.

I don't remember any keyboard player who brought a 12" to the rehearse or to a gig. They usually bring small stuff with 8" or 10". If they'd want the full bass they'd need 15", but you get enough lows from the p.a. anyway, so...
I’ve always had a 12 because I monitor myself outside of monitor world an I push guitars, keys and my vocals through it and sometimes all at the same time so I already know a 10 just won’t handl it. I wish
It would but it won’t. I’ve done it this way for many years now an it works for me.

If you can, get them both together, side by side, and do an A/B comparison. Pick the one that sounds best to your ears.
Yes. In addition the OP needs to let his ears rest for several days first. We can get used to the sound of a cabinet over time and our brain says it’s the right sound even if the new one being compared is more accurate.

A friend was using a pair of Headrush 112 with his AX8 for a long time and then bought some QSC. The QSC sound SO much clearer and neutral. Even if I hadn’t seen him carrying them in at setup I’d have immediately noticed the difference in the sound once he started playing.

I use a pair of EV PXM-12MP and like them a lot. They’re a worthy alternative IMO.

I own the QSC 10.2 and use it as my FRFR. It’s a great speaker, but I have learned quite a bit in my time with it. I find that using the Studio Monitor DSP setting with the 80hz sub crossover enabled gives me the flattest and most accurate sound. The “Default” DSP setting is not very flat and adds quite a bit of low end, so if you use that when dialing in your patches, it can throw you off.

I love to but haven’t had the opportunity to have them both together
Take advantage of the return policies of reputable stores and online gear sites. Order the product(s) you want to compare, and audition them in your home for a day or two. Return the one(s) you don't like. You'll only be out the return shipping costs, and you'll avoid the expensive mistake of buying the wrong item(s).

Back
Top Bottom