GHOST!

I had only listened to Ghost one other time when a friend played a song in the car and I thought it was cool! Just never got around to listening to them more. Just for kicks, I listened to their whole new album while studying. Really cool stuff. Going to start with their first album and listen to a lot of their stuff

Last night live on the Jimmy Kimmel show. They sounded good and executed their new single perfectly!

Tobias said he was not happy about CMLS being the single, he wanted to be kaiserion to be the single because it's super upbeat and they use it as their opener at the show, so it's better when people know the opener.

Would have loved to see them actually play it live

Love the new album! There are a few "single" songs but I think too that CMLS is a little "weak" for being the first one

Tobias said he was not happy about CMLS being the single, he wanted to be kaiserion to be the single because it's super upbeat and they use it as their opener at the show, so it's better when people know the opener.

Would have loved to see them actually play it live
Really? I love CMLS, it's my favorite song off the album so far.
Kaiserion reminds me of a theme song for an 80's cartoon or something (like flash gordon).

That set they're on is bananas.

Great tune. Little mild.
Their touring stage looks like that - it's really a cool experience.

Years back I didn't dig the band at all. But once I listen enough times, it kind of clicks....it's very creative and different from most of the other stuff being published in this genre right now. I saw them in Boston in a theater and the show was amazing. Was close enough to score a guitar pick as well. Love the show, the songs and the theatrics. Just good entertainment.

I would love to get some presets!
Interestingly I just got asked to play in a Ghost tribute band that has been playing for a while (they lost a guitarist). I haven't ever learned their stuff before and am tying to dial in some presets. Having the real ones would be pretty fucking awesome.

Interestingly I just got asked to play in a Ghost tribute band that has been playing for a while (they lost a guitarist). I haven't ever learned their stuff before and am tying to dial in some presets. Having the real ones would be pretty fucking awesome.
So cool. The Ritual? I think Ghost A.D. is in California, and the other California one (Squarehammer) disbanded.

So cool. The Ritual? I think Ghost A.D. is in California, and the other California one (Squarehammer) disbanded.
Yes. That's the one. I've known Lonnie who runs it for a while. A band I was playing with a while back opened up for The Ritual in 2019. They were super fun to watch even though I wasn't very familiar with the group. They tragically just lost their other guitarist recently.

He just asked me to play in another side thing he is doing (actually same members as The Ritual) and it seems to be working out. He wants me to start learning some of the Ghost stuff and I really dig it so far.

BTW: None of this is being broadcasted at this point. Not a secret, but I'm not sure what they are communicating with respect to The Ritual.

Yes. That's the one. I've known Lonnie who runs it for a while. A band I was playing with a while back opened up for The Ritual in 2019. They were super fun to watch even though I wasn't very familiar with the group. They tragically just lost their other guitarist recently.

He just asked me to play in another side thing he is doing (actually same members as The Ritual) and it seems to be working out. He wants me to start learning some of the Ghost stuff and I really dig it so far.

BTW: None of this is being broadcasted at this point. Not a secret, but I'm not sure what they are communicating with respect to The Ritual.

Alpha or Omega?

I followed a bit how the lead player updated his Strat from a non-locking trem to a FR:

1650400677597.png

there was some post on the forum....maybe this same thread that mentioned at one point they were using a blend of an orange amp and the FAS crunch on their units. i personally just usually dial in a plexi model with some greenbacks and force myself to set the gain much lower than i normally would.

Back
Top Bottom