More Bass Amps Please

Nozkcb

Inspired
I use my FM9 for electric, acoustic and Bass guitar. While there's a ton of guitar amps and cabs, there is very little to choose from for Bass Guitar. We have a few Ampeg-based amps as well as a Mesa, but how about a few more amps (e.g. Aguilar, Fender, SWR) along with more bass cabs too?

Thanks. I saw FM3 threads on the topic but not much with the FM9 specifically. Just doing my part to make sure that it's recognized as a wish for that platform as well
Remember, anything that you find that says that it runs on the FM3 will run on the FM9.

Hi @Nozkcb
+1 - I would love to see a GK 800RB.
Have a look at the @austinbuddy bass presets. Many very good bass sounds in that lot.
Thanks
Pauly

I use my FM9 for electric, acoustic and Bass guitar. While there's a ton of guitar amps and cabs, there is very little to choose from for Bass Guitar. We have a few Ampeg-based amps as well as a Mesa, but how about a few more amps (e.g. Aguilar, Fender, SWR) along with more bass cabs too?

Fractal really should just combine all the wishlist forums into one and use the flairs feature for different devices. Same for bug reports.

So to clarify, if someone has a request, issue, etc for the FM9, they should post it under the FM3?
No, I didn’t say that at all. How does the FM9 having the ability to load FM3 presets equate to joining forums or making cross posting requests?

Last edited:
No, I didn’t say that at all. How does the FM9 having the ability to load FM3 presets equate to joining forums or making cross posting requests?
So amps, cabs and effects that are shared between the FM9 and the FM3 should be made under FM 3 because it rolls up to the FM 9, but Hardware or dual amp-related issue should be FM9 specific?

Can you see how this is a little bit confusing?

So amps, cabs and effects that are shared between the FM9 and the FM3 should be made under FM 3 because it rolls up to the FM 9, but Hardware or dual amp-related issue should be FM9 specific?
No…, if you find a preset that runs on the FM3 that has features you want, you can run it on the FM9. The strength of the FM9 is that it can run all FM3 presets, so, if someone made a bass-amp preset for the FM3, as long as the FM9 has that amp model, which it does, then the FM3 preset will run on the FM9 too. Because the FM3 is older, there are more presets that have been created for it, so, as a result, that gives the FM9 user a larger pool to draw upon. That's the beauty of the FM9, it can run all the FM3 presets, and many of the FX3 too.

I saw FM3 threads on the topic but not much with the FM9 specifically. Just doing my part to make sure that it's recognized as a wish for that platform as well
So wishing more bass stuff in the FM9 is ok i would think
I fixed it for you. Asking Fractal for additional bass amps is fine, but there's no point in specifying "in the FM9" since all 297 models of amps are consistent across the products. There are no amp models specific to the FX3, FM9, or FM3, they all have 297 amp models so specifying "in the FM9" is unnecessary.

Don't conflate being able to run a preset, or wanting additional amp models, with anything to do with the forum. I said nothing about using the forums.

I'm quite certain I wasn't conflating presets with amp and cab models. I own an FM9 hence the reason I was making requests for an FM9.

While I appreciate your apparent vast knowledge on the subject of all things FAS, I am simply making a request for the equipment that I own.

Some of us are just sharing our ideas, suggestions, findings, issues, etc regarding the FAS equipment that we own and are not looking for a semantics debate, argument or lecture.

Hi @Nozkcb, you might want to check these presets out, can save you a lot of time so you can play more, dial in less, and cover a lot of bass amps including emulations. AustinBuddy 200+ Bass Tones, some basic Bass amps (including emulations of Gas for example), other artist styles.

These presets are all going to be updated for free to customers before June if not sooner to fix the latest firmware updates that change Blackglass drive and some compressors - they work on firmware1.x for FM9for now).

Some videos (the first two video demos were done on an AX8 actually, and things are improved for the FM3/FM9/AxeFX III).

You can check the Vendor part of the forum out to see what others who bought it are saying.

Tutorial (5 in all) start here to walk you through it.

Sharing this in hopes it helps you and others looking for bass tones.

Hi @Nozkcb, you might want to check these presets out, can save you a lot of time so you can play more, dial in less, and cover a lot of bass amps including emulations. AustinBuddy 200+ Bass Tones, some basic Bass amps (including emulations of Gas for example), other artist styles.

These presets are all going to be updated for free to customers before June if not sooner to fix the latest firmware updates that change Blackglass drive and some compressors - they work on firmware1.x for FM9for now).

Some videos (the first two video demos were done on an AX8 actually, and things are improved for the FM3/FM9/AxeFX III).

You can check the Vendor part of the forum out to see what others who bought it are saying.

Tutorial (5 in all) start here to walk you through it.

Sharing this in hopes it helps you and others looking for bass tones.

Thank you very much!

You're not wrong.

I fixed it for you. Asking Fractal for additional bass amps is fine, but there's no point in specifying "in the FM9" since all 297 models of amps are consistent across the products. There are no amp models specific to the FX3, FM9, or FM3, they all have 297 amp models so specifying "in the FM9" is unnecessary.

Don't conflate being able to run a preset, or wanting additional amp models, with anything to do with the forum. I said nothing about using the forums.
I did mean in this tread..
I understand that every amp will be an amp in all the units
But as you might know it is we often use a bass amp and a guitar amp in the same preset when making i massive bass preset ( low sound, and grit from the guitar amp) this is why i said it`s ok to post this in this tread, as this will not go well inside the FM3 as it only uses 1 amp block

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom