ESP E-II Eclipse Evertune - Black Satin

I am! I am curious about the Evertune Bridge. I hope this is a decent guitar.
Please post what you think of the Evertune after you've had a chance to check it out for a bit.

I've read good things about how well it performs, but don't recall anyone saying much about how it sounds, sustans, etc.

Please post what you think of the Evertune after you've had a chance to check it out for a bit.

I've read good things about how well it performs, but don't recall anyone saying much about how it sounds, sustans, etc.
I have a few guitars with evertune.
First and foremost, anyone who buys and evertune guitar should do as much reading about setup as you can. The number one reason I see people complain about evertune bridges is because they do not know how to set it up correctly for what they are trying to accomplish.

As for sound, sustain, etc.... You can hear a slight difference in tone, but no more than going from a hard tail to a trem. My evertune equipped guitars sustain just as well as my non evertune guitars. The tone is just as thick and chunky, and the guitars play just as well as any of my other guitars. Full ability to bend, while also keeping the guitar perfectly in tune. My evertune guitars are such a joy to track with because they literally NEVER come out of tune.

I am! I am curious about the Evertune Bridge. I hope this is a decent guitar.
Evertune is great. It takes a little adjusting to, but worth it IMO. Agree with Pwermac7600, you absolute should familiarize yourself with how to operate/setup the bridge properly.

My biggest gripe (if we want to call it that) is that it has made me way more sensitive to when my non-evertune equipped guitars are even the slightest bit off.

I have a few guitars with evertune.
First and foremost, anyone who buys and evertune guitar should do as much reading about setup as you can. The number one reason I see people complain about evertune bridges is because they do not know how to set it up correctly for what they are trying to accomplish.

As for sound, sustain, etc.... You can hear a slight difference in tone, but no more than going from a hard tail to a trem. My evertune equipped guitars sustain just as well as my non evertune guitars. The tone is just as thick and chunky, and the guitars play just as well as any of my other guitars. Full ability to bend, while also keeping the guitar perfectly in tune. My evertune guitars are such a joy to track with because they literally NEVER come out of tune.
Good info - encouraging, too - thanks!

So easy, even a cave man can do it!
Setting up the evertune is easy.
?.. lol, that whas my assumption too until I changed the whole setup from gauge to neck action. That took me a while (read 3hr+) to set it up again.

BUT: now it is perfect!

That guitar you bought is a real beauty. Someday an ESP E-II will join my family for sure.
I had my eyes on this one, but it shippes from the USA so not a bargain for me to buy

ESP E-II Eclipse DB 2020 - Purple Sparkle NEW https://reverb.com/item/49717343?ut...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=49717343

Cheers 🍻

Setting up the evertune is easy.
?.. lol, that whas my assumption too until I changed the whole setup from gauge to neck action. That took me a while (read 3hr+) to set it up again.

BUT: now it is perfect!

That guitar you bought is a real beauty. Someday an ESP E-II will join my family for sure.
I had my eyes on this one, but it shippes from the USA so not a bargain for me to buy

ESP E-II Eclipse DB 2020 - Purple Sparkle NEW https://reverb.com/item/49717343?ut...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=49717343

Cheers 🍻
This is why i own more than one. lol
I have one tuned to standard, and one drop tuned to C#.
I got so sick of changing tunings and having to redo the tension.

I'll mention one thing I noticed right away. While tuning the guitar with my Peterson Strobostomp Tuner, I can easily get the strobe on the tuner to stay perfectly motionless when in tune on each and every string. With my other guitars, there is always some drift.

This guitar nails it! I love this!

I'll mention one thing I noticed right away. While tuning the guitar with my Peterson Strobostomp Tuner, I can easily get the strobe on the tuner to stay perfectly motionless when in tune on each and every string. With my other guitars, there is always some drift.

This guitar nails it! I love this!
New strings.

The behavior your experienced is indicative of new strings. Older strings can cause the tuner to read erratically.

That very well may be, but I have never had a guitar tune this well whether it had new, middle age, or old strings.

I was checking out the basic setup, and the relief looks like about the thickness of a piece of paper by tapping on the Low E string. The action is about 1.75 on low e and high e at the 12th fret.. I'll think about resetting it up later. For now I'm just going to play it. It plays well for now.

I like the pickups. They should not leave me wanting.

The guitar definitely stays in perfect tune! It sounds more in tune while I play it than my other guitars. I have not set it up for bending yet.

Back
Top Bottom