Rammstein and Machine Head presets?

Rammstein AXII preset
Hi, you might start with Fractool convert the above preset and tweak to your taste, as I did not find a free Rammstein preset for native FM3.
The free machine head presets are much to old to make sense. Maybe there are some purchaseable ones out there also...
There is a rigrundown on youtube and it seems that they are using Mesa Rectifiers and some TC pedals. So maybe you try to use the Mark Days stock fm3 preset And tweak from there.
Maybe at least one ot these might be a good starting point for you ? Have fun

Last edited:
For an actual Rammstein tone you have to blend some sort of Sans Amp distortion with Rectifier. I do like to add a layer of my Paul Landers Fly Rig pedal with the recto models with a v30's cab in the axe fx. However the Recto models in order to make them tight you generally have to boost them which sometimes I don't like to do and I don't think RZK does either for the rhythm parts. I've been enjoying the Solo 100 models un-boosted for that recto crunch I think they get closer to the sound of those low serial amps used on their records (I think RZK used a revision C mainly). In this clip I blended Sans amp and Rectifier and recorded all the guitars heard (I no longer have the same exact preset used for the video unfortunately).

AJ really nailed it imo:

Pretty sure he's a regular around here, might be willing to help with some pointers.

This one sounds great and perfectly fits within the Rammstein context but their guitars don't actually sound that tight and polished yet they sound so powerful in the mix

I want to re-hash this. Anyone else with successful Machine Head sounds? Probably the best guitar sound in metal. (Not to mention very authentic and 'honest' vocal tone for the scene). I didn't know they use 5150s I thought it was always rectifiers.

I want to re-hash this. Anyone else with successful Machine Head sounds? Probably the best guitar sound in metal. (Not to mention very authentic and 'honest' vocal tone for the scene). I didn't know they use 5150s I thought it was always rectifiers.
Also Robb Flynn likes to use mistress flanger. I think they use 1960 cabs with 5150. I still can not find any good preset and not smart enough to create one

Also Robb Flynn likes to use mistress flanger. I think they use 1960 cabs with 5150. I still can not find any good preset and not smart enough to create one
So many artists using amps that sound nothing like the amps they say they use. Great stuff! :confused:

Ok great but do you have any questions everything bundles? Because I don't think money grows in trees and that's. A lot of packs and usually when I want one I want them all.

If not, what exactly do you do to copy these?
Are all your presets based on the tone match block?
If so then perhaps I should try matching some tones. It's just hard to isolate the guitars on a lot of albums, you really need to wait till there is a part where only the guitar is heard.

Ok great but do you have any questions everything bundles? Because I don't think money grows in trees and that's. A lot of packs and usually when I want one I want them all.

If not, what exactly do you do to copy these?
Are all your presets based on the tone match block?
If so then perhaps I should try matching some tones. It's just hard to isolate the guitars on a lot of albums, you really need to wait till there is a part where only the guitar is heard.
Hi, no I don’t do tone match. I base myself on the gear they use in the studio and ears and don’t hesitate to try something else if it sounds ok . The « complete metal pack » is a « everything » pack for all the high gain amps of the unit with a price reduction. I don’t have a « everything artist pack » because I probably will do others volumes

Last edited:
Hi, no I don’t do tone match. I base myself on the gear they use in the studio and ears and don’t hesitate to try something else if it sounds ok . The « complete metal pack » is a « everything » pack for all the high gain amps of the unit with a price reduction. I don’t have a « everything artist pack » because I probably will do others volumes
Ok. The pantera filled ones I am interested in first. Do you know if Dimebag used cabs made of MDF? For some reason the sound tells me that it might just be that type of cab. Not that it's a bad thing. He did have a unique sound. Many amps can be tweaked to have a variety of sounds, but without knowing the exact cabs these people used on various records, it is very hard to match those tones exact.

Back
Top Bottom