Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.00

Me too when I play with the speaker directly, and through cubase with the same speakers, it sound slightly different. But I use a soundcard so it’s probably the fact I go to the soundcard.With luck the sound is not very very different but I have a small latency that I feel (and it’s less than 3ms, but I m sensible to that)
Latency with fx3 is way better than with soundcard or fx2. I only notice it mainly when i use virtual capo...

But i want recorded what i hear through axe fx to speaker. Else i have to make different sound for recording with cubase 10 (11 soon).

I'm loving FW 19 and my only problem with it is that the main display on my FC-12 keeps failing, showing nothing but a row of blocks until I reboot my AXE III. Everything else on the controller keeps working. Of course, I have no idea if v19 has caused this.

Can some-one give me some tips why I love this when playing with Axe FX and that when I export this to Cubase and Soundcloud. The sound is thinner and also the frequencies do NOT match (even on same speakers). And I set everything in Cubase to level the sounds. There is a difference in recording and it's even worse in Soundcloud. WHAT am I doing WRONG?? ;):cool::eek:
Are you listening through the same outputs? If not, maybe you have different output EQs (not blocks) set in the settings.

I'm loving FW 19 and my only problem with it is that the main display on my FC-12 keeps failing, showing nothing but a row of blocks until I reboot my AXE III. Everything else on the controller keeps working. Of course, I have no idea if v19 has caused this.
The display on the FC-12 shows blocks? Can you post a picture?

I would suggest trying a different XLR cable.

Are you listening through the same outputs? If not, maybe you have different output EQs (not blocks) set in the settings.
I have improved the settings in Cubase for audio in. It seems I'm almost there.

NOTE: I have been struggling with setup a lot and have had very bad results so most probably i'm doing something wrong. And it's NOT the AXE FX, it's my audio setup for recording that is not OK. As the AXE FX sounds GREAT trough my speakers!

SETUP:
AXE FX 3 MK 2 Turbo: Only using Input 1 and output 1 (Instrument 1 at 83% input)
G66 USB Cable to PC USB (-10DB output)
No Soundcard (output AXE FX One to Adams Audio Monitors)
Audio out 1 quarter past noon

Have set Audio Adams
  • level 0DB
  • LF -2DB (as it was bassy)
  • HF - 0

CUBASE:
Import for USB Audio sample rate 48.000Khz (Bitdepth 64 float, Record Type WAV)
Stereo Pan Law -> Equal Power
Volume Max +12DB

SampleBuffer 265 in axe fx and same for asio driver in PC

The only thing that I see now with these settings is that the audio to Cubase is now much lower and for the input 1 to Cubase in I can not get higher to match 0DB output.

Any suggestions?

PS: If this needs to be in another thread, thats fine ;)

Sample rate mismatch?
As alway's cubase was indeed downgrading to 44.1 (OEPS! :eek: ) That's whay the cracling started as well of course (should have known pfff)

Which bit settings would you advice? (See thread answer above for all details.

Now I have improved all my settings again (See above) and it's way better. Only thing is now to match volume and getting everything at 0DB level. But with these settings I can not get higher then halfway even if I put all sliders to MAX............

Any suggestion?

PS: Super Big Compliment as a new Axe FX 3 user (upgraded from axe fx 2 MKI jan 2022)

With AXE FX 2 I never really liked the fenders to match real amp feel, there was something that was not right in some way. But with FW19 on axe fx 3 cygnus it's reacting really like a tube amp. I can bearly hear any difference in attack and feel. AXE FX 2 was close, and with tweaking I could get nice results. But with axe fx 3, fw 19 and cygnus engine it's soooooo close. And also the Dumble feels super great as before I didn't understand why people liked this amp hahaha.

Also latency has improved and I get good results. I especially notice that there is less phasing when I monitor in Cubase and also have direct out.

Any suggestion on proper leveling!? (as I'm sure it's me! and not axe fx)

Think I fixed it. Will see if I can even improve more. It's definitely improved in latest testrecording.
PS: This is the BLADE and not the SRV guitar(!)

Last edited:
I have had this happen a couple of timers over the past two years, it just shows a line i think in each window, could of been the XLR though.a quick reboot straightened it out
Unplugging the XLR and plugging it in again also fixes the problem. If the cable is at fault, however, I don't understand why everything but the main display keeps working.

The only post processing in my chain, which is the default 10k cut in the cab block is no more. 20k is the new 10k :)

This fw really shines both in the low and high ends. I newly discovered the high part :)
Yeah, you don't need any high cuts for sure. I've never used any. Anywhere I see Hz or kHz I open those settings wide open, including in places like transformer frequency. :eek:

The transformer frequency range is part of the modeled amp's characteristics. If you want an authentic Delux Tweed, its slightly small output transformer is part of that sound. If you don't, well, that's what the knob is for, innit? 🤪
That's true! I actually don't think it makes that much difference. I need to do some critical listening while playing with those knobs.

Mainly just trying to make a point that the high end on the FX3 is so good you don't need to use the same High-cut paradigm you might use with the other modelers.

For any of you having a hard time understanding the new tube interaction in the power amp section in the new firmware 19 of the axe 3 i believe i have the video to help you understand it better

I noodled with getting one of those Encabulators but wasn't sure if I could muster the 1.22 jigawatts to run it - also worried about blowing the fetzer valve on my Axefx

Back
Top Bottom