FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
The engineer who works on the FM9 is in the middle of a deep optimization project prompted by observations about this beta. After some patience, I expect you'll be rewarded nicely.
Thanks Matt. It’s always helpful to have a little information about what is happening. It sounds like what he is working on will have a positive impact on many of the issues that have been identified.

I've had my FM9 out several times since the beta released, and it sounds and behaves very well. Last night, after powering it up, then switching to the tuner to tweak the guitar, the FM9 lost output to the monitors, and in spite of returning to the preset layout, it wasn't until I powered it off and back on that it reset and worked right.

I have NO idea how to reproduce the problem.

"Other than that", said Mrs. Lincoln, "the play was wonderful." :)

I sure hope we get the CNFB in the next version! It's so good that I'm considering using my Axe-FxIII for the band instead of the FM9.

I sure hope we get the CNFB in the next version! It's so good that I'm considering using my Axe-FxIII for the band instead of the FM9.
That and the deep optimization project are really making me anxious to try it all! Playing FW 19 with all the goods is seriously satisfying. At the moment I'm running the hiwatt brilliant/jumped (jumped with grinder), the maxoff, some fuzzes, and that york audio hiwatt cab. It can go from single coils in standard tuning all the way to humbuckers in extended ranges. I can't wait to get that in an official fm9 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom