Wish Add a Favorites menu

Maybe a 1-bit "FAVORITES" flag could be set in the preset file itself.
That's the right idea. The important thing is: these attributes need to go in the preset file, not in an external location like preset coloring. Note however, when you import a preset, any fields that don't make sense in your local context, like favorites, should optionally be cleared.

That's the right idea. The important thing is: these attributes need to go in the preset file, not in an external location like preset coloring. Note however, when you import a preset, any fields that don't make sense in your local context, like favorites, should optionally be cleared.
Ok but how would it know it doesn't "make sense in your local context"?

Complex workflow...
The simplest is to handle this like browser bookmarks
Which are based on the URL, but we don't have URLs, nor are the presets/cabs given a UUID because there'd have to be some sort of registry, so then we fall back on using the name, which we know has flaws.

Fractal could maintain a registry and when the editor sees a preset or cab that doesn't have a UUID it requests one for that from the registry, but even that has flaws and holes in it.

Guys, let’s not make this more complicated as it is. 😏
The simple solution is what we currently have and it's not very satisfying. I quit using the color coding by name because it keeps breaking or squirting out the ends.

IF the hardware supported it then it'd force the editor to play along, and the "favorite" sorting and color coding would appear on the panel.

I'd be happy with a set list manager ( soon! ) that would allow me to create a setlist called favorites and load it with a click.

When you mark a preset as a favorite, you are expressing a personal opinion. It is only meaningful in your local context. So when I import a preset that came from you, the "favorite" attribute should be cleared. I have a lot of experience with this kind of thing in Omnisphere :).
Yes in theory it looks right but finally it doesn't mean anything...
How would the editor know you're importing someone else's preset vs your own preset?

That's why I said it's optional. It works fine in practice :).
Maybe just ask whether to keep favorite markings when you import?

It might be nice to import someone's presets and know which they had favorited. But that should definitely be an option you have to choose, not the default.

I'd be happy with a set list manager ( soon! ) that would allow me to create a setlist called favorites and load it with a click.

does the new setlist feature work well for this?
haven’t gotten a chance to try it yet.

Back
Top Bottom