They All Sound the Same, It's About Workflow

But Cliff has the amp, and he made a model of that amp, why not give the Band N a tast of that real amp, then it would be a good test ( if a device can reproduse the same sound ( a good copy ) The Capture is the flagship option on Band N

I find it a bit funny
I also didn't do a Tone Match of the amp for the Axe-Fx. The point of the comparison was to compare the modeling sans any frequency response matching.

I also didn't do a Tone Match of the amp for the Axe-Fx. The point of the comparison was to compare the modeling sans any frequency response matching.
Yeah, i get that. But you worked on your amp / model for a long time. That was my reason to ask for a capture. You know the QC only need 4-5 minutes to nail the sound of an amp
I love Factal Audio, been a fan for years and years, but this came out like ... see brand N sounds like s*it test, even thou i did just jam on the DLX reverb model, and it sounded good thru my CLR`s

Yeah, i get that. But you worked on your amp / model for a long time. That was my reason to ask for a capture. You know the QC only need 4-5 minutes to nail the sound of an amp
I love Factal Audio, been a fan for years and years, but this came out like ... see brand N sounds like s*it test, even thou i did just jam on the DLX reverb model, and it sounded good thru my CLR`s
That's your interpretation of the results. I simply presented the data.

I guess between 1 and 4 the difference is just negligible and has to do with environment conditions, signal chain hardware blah blah, anyway it is amazing how it really was so close and, specially, how 2 and 3 had something that did not add up, when listened at closely. I am happy too to see my ears are not that broken (yet)

Strange that you don’t profile /capture your amp with the others products . Because their amps is not your amp 😅🏄‍♀️. Joking

My size is XL, and they say that American XL is bigger than European one, but my cats will like it too if it’s oversized

Strange that you don’t profile /capture your amp with the others products . Because their amps is not your amp 😅🏄‍♀️. Joking

My size is XL, and they say that American XL is bigger than European one, but my cats will like it too if it’s oversized
Honestly, if Cliff had captured the original amp then people would complain that he did not used the same IR etc. in his comparison.
It doesn’t matter what you are doing, you can’t make it right for everyone.

And when it comes to sizing, yes I’m not that tall but some pieces on my birds are under oversized…
yes I do have wide feet and a big heart.

I am relieved but not surprised to learn that #3 is a "competitor" because that one just sounded really weird to me, like a troll was gargling sand in the background.
After my first listen, this was the one that sounded different. I had to concentrate on the other 3

The clip was very well executed, in that the differences between the real amp/Fractal vs other offerings are very much revealed here.

I'll also add, that the similarities between the real amp and the current Fractal CNFB modeling are also, uh, well, very similarly revealed here too...:grimacing:

Honestly, if Cliff had captured the original amp then people would complain that he did not used the same IR etc. in his comparison.
It doesn’t matter what you are doing, you can’t make it right for everyone.

And when it comes to sizing, yes I’m not that tall but some pieces on my birds are under oversized…
yes I do have wide feet and a big heart.
Yes whatever test you do with modelers is always « wrong » . « Ho the real head is through a loadbox », this and that … but comparing a capture or a profile from another amp is hm… anyway . They were differences and it wasn’t easy .
4 sound best with the attack, but I recognize the axe with the rest of the sound .
I m pretty sure that 2 is kemper . I don’t know the sound quality of the quad so … maybe I’m wrong .

1st is always the baseline, no matter what it is, but since it's the first, everything else compares to it. 2 has some xtra nastiness, that doesn't happen in the other samples, it's a bit of an outlier there. 3 is useless, no definition. 4 is a slightly polite version of 1, with tiny bit less highs.

We can't tell the difference. Let's just be honest.
There are differences; some subtle some less in textures. As I don't play deluxe amps cranked with gain at 10 (no gain on the real amp only volume)...whether it be real amp or modeller...not too much to comment intelligently on a sound I don't use on a regular basis whatever be the source. Sure, listening on headphones is probably not the best way to appreciate also.

4 is a slightly polite version of 1, with tiny bit less highs.

Yes, that's how I'd put it too....that exactly reflects my impressions I wrote earlier. #1 is a little more rude (less polite as you say lol)/aggressive/slightly less compressed, and with a bit more high end/detail vs #4. It's a subtle difference but there.

You know the QC only need 4-5 minutes to nail the sound of an amp
And then you decide to tweak the extremely vast amount of B,M,T options the profile has, and then suddenly it doesn't sound like tweaking your amp anymore and you realise you need to spend 4-5 minutes again capturing different settings each time. xD

From what i have seen they are varied results with the qc captures some tests online seem close, some dont at all regardless it doesnt offer more than kemper in captures for amps.

Any enjoy both the products !

But Cliff has the amp, and he made a model of that amp, why not give the Band N a tast of that real amp, then it would be a good test ( if a device can reproduse the same sound ( a good copy ) The Capture is the flagship option on Band N

I find it a bit funny
For sure it would be interesting to see that test too. The amp the neural is modelled after can sound different enough -- at least possible. And I'm assuming the specific real amp here is the one the fractal sim models.

This was a very good test of the accuracy between the real amp and the model, and it’s scary how close 19.0 is, but I think the most important attribute, for me at least, is the feel. No other modeler that I’ve played through feels like the amp it was modeled after (at least the ones I’m familiar with) than the Axe-FX. How an amp reacts to your hands plays a huge part in how you play through it to begin with. The Axe-FX does this in spades.

Back
Top Bottom