I Got the USA Silver Sky (Demo & Review)

The Raven

Inspired

It's been a minute, but I made another video I wanted to share with you guys. I got the guitar at the end of the year last year, but it took me a while to get around to making a song/video.

These are some very different tones than what I'm used to dialing in, so let me know what you think of them. Everything is of course using the Axe Fx III and @York Audio IR's, all from the 2x12 Zilla pack. No post processing aside from light mastering/limiting to get levels where they should be for Youtube.

If you don't feel like watching the video, I have a written review on my website where I share my thoughts as well (linked in my sig). The short version is: Oh my god this is an awesome guitar! I honestly am surprised at how much I like it given that I'm not a Strat guy. It sounds great and, more importantly, it plays amazing. I shouldn't love it, but I absolutely do, so much so I ordered the SE version as well (which is unfortunately backordered until May from Sweetwater).

Let me know what you think. I'm by no means a mix engineer or an expert on how to go about mixing a song like this and making tones like these, but I'm personally still fairly happy with the results. Always willing to learn and take constructive feedback however, and there are a lot of people here with a ton more experience than me.

Thanks for checking out this post. I'll attach some pictures as well because, man, this is a good looking guitar (for me at least).

IMG_0780.JPG

IMG_0783.JPG

Last edited:
Congrats, it's amazing (sound and looks great!!!). Still thinking about getting this...
Enjoy your NGD

Congrats, it's amazing (sound and looks great!!!). Still thinking about getting this...
Enjoy your NGD
Thanks for checking it out. If you like guitars like this, I’d say it’s definitely one to check out. I love it and its not my usual fair, but I know these can be pretty divisive.

Back
Top Bottom