I made a response to Rhett Shull's video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say this, a touch interface with a good UI is just faster and more intuitive, this is a fact. In my experience right now Headrush units have the fastest and simplest of touch interfaces, after trying the QC for a week the UI has a long way to go, logical things where not implemented at launch, it does have an undo/redo option that i would say is a must have on all platforms.

Over the many years I've been a fractal fan the UI is the thing most people complain about. We get used to it, but we know it can get better and with physical buttons you can get so far...

You folks that don't know Rhett really need to stop calling him a YT'er. He's a well known touring musician that's played with some big names. He began making more YT vids during the pandemic for obvious reasons...trying to make a living and keep an income just like every other professional musician. Throwing him under the bus because he didn't give your beloved piece of a gear a 5 star rating? Get over yourselves.

I was introduced to Rhett via Rick Beato's channel. They had a live stream where I personally interacted with Rhett, and not only was he very condescending, but also came across as very smug, at the same time.

I couldn't care less what you do for a living, how famous you are, or what brand you like or dislike. If you are not a good person, that's a strike. Hopefully, he is a better musician than YTer, and maybe, he should have just stuck to being a musician. Once you put your personality out there, well, you're out there. And I am not of fan of his personality at all.

I found his video "review" very smug, and he comes across as completely incompetent at using the product he is "reviewing". I had an Axe Fx II for a decade, and primarily used the front panel for editing. If you've had the product for a couple of years, and have such a problem with it, it's not the product, it's him. Sorry. Then trying to sell tweaked version of the factory included presets? That's just shady.

All I know about Rhett is what he does on his channel. Can you give me some references to his work so I can hear what his playing is like? He has no credits to speak of on his own website. So what "big names" did he play with? You'd think if he did so much, he'd list that stuff somewhere. Nothing on his website, and no Wikipedia of any kind about him. If he did indeed do so much, he needs a publicist. I realize Pete Thorn doesn't have a Wiki page either, but his website is full of the stuff he does in the real world. As does his YT channel.

Last edited:
Too many YouTubers spend money on lights, production etc but take zero into consideration their bland personalities. Say what you want about Fricker, the guy isn’t like most YouTubers where it’s like watching wallpaper dry. I hate to say most on YouTube shoot like their broadcasting the evening news.

Fricker is terrible.
Yes he IS, but at least he’s somewhat entertaining and truthfully not entirely universally wrong, either. I cant argue with anyone touting the sonic qualities of a Valvestate. We are on different ends of the universe when it comes to tone. Also talking so much smack about sampled drums, they were suddenly good enough when it came time to sell a sample pack.

But I do subscribe because I either love or hate his delivery. It’s not like watching a voidless black hole.

Yes he IS, but at least he’s somewhat entertaining and truthfully not entirely universally wrong, either. I cant argue with anyone touting the sonic qualities of a Valvestate. We are on different ends of the universe when it comes to tone. Also talking so much smack about sampled drums, they were suddenly good enough when it came time to sell a sample pack.

But I do subscribe because I either love or hate his delivery. It’s not like watching a voidless black hole.
I actually don't mind Shull's delivery. Fricker drives me nuts generally speaking and especially Stevie T. Most YT channels I am subscribed too are of the non-irritating variety :D

I don't think they (Fricker/Stevie T) are under the impression that they're not off-putting to a lot of folks. But they have a sizable audience that tune in specifically for that type of content/delivery. Certainly isn't for everyone.

For me, guys like Pete Thorn are where I actually feel like I am getting some valuable info from a real player that has taken the time to learn what it is he's reviewing. But for every 1 Pete Thorn there are 100 Rhett Shulls. It takes a bit of effort to sift through the crud to find the good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom