Help me chose my PRS

Ugh… man you are not helping my GAS. 😩
I’m just standing on the side of truth and honesty. PRS is the one playing with your GAS.

:)

I have always been a fan of Gibson’s black Les Paul Custom guitars. A while back someone was selling a black DGT with the maple body binding and I was sorely tempted. But I already had the Goldtop and was able to say no. If the black one had solid mother of pearl birds in the fingerboard I might have been pulled in.

I have had my Custom 24 that is in my avatar since 2001. It wasn't until 2021 that I purchased my second PRS Mark Holcomb 7 string. I only purchased the 7 string for heavier tones which also plays and sounds great, but not like the Custom 24. I haven't played a better playing or sounding guitar in the over 30 years I have been playing. I paid $2500 for it over 20 years ago. Best investment ever!

So, this morning I tried a CU24 and a CU22 both owned by a friend of mine and even if I’m a 24 frets guys I have to say that I like the 22.
So searched for used but mint and I have the first candidate:
PRS Custom 22 - Whale blue 85/15 Pattern regular (late 2017).
PROs
  • used but mint
  • very near home
CONs
- a little over my budget
1641833893815.jpeg

What do you think? 😉

So, this morning I tried a CU24 and a CU22 both owned by a friend of mine and even if I’m a 24 frets guys I have to say that I like the 22.
PROs
  • used but mint
  • very near home
CONs
View attachment 94067

What do you think? 😉
Pretty! A little blingy for me, but that's higher end PRS. Also, pretty!

Re budget, if you think you'll love it and you can do it without getting in trouble or sacrificing more important things, go for it.

What do you think? 😉
I think you're going to find at least a couple, or more, you like, then the hard part will be deciding. Maybe one you find you like the look of better than another one, but the nicer one is maybe a bit more than you set out to spend...
Then you buy it anyway!! That's a unique-looking top. I always like the look of guitars that you can see the wood grain running different directions.

PROs
  • used but mint
  • very near home
CONs
View attachment 94067

What do you think? 😉
Since it's not much of a stretch for you, I would not hesitate to pull the trigger on it. There is a very discernable difference between their core models and the S2 or current CE models (CE models through 2008 are considered core guitars).

PROs
  • used but mint
  • very near home
CONs
View attachment 94067

What do you think? 😉
Do you really need both kidneys? 🤪

Do you like trems?

Im a big fan of wraptail PRS, but Paul felt differently lol. I have thought about selling my MC594 for a McCarty...

Back
Top Bottom