I made a response to Rhett Shull's video

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of my business but I hope he never gets another "loaner" of anything from Fractal. He sits on this thing for 3 years and when he finally gets around to doing a video he puts up a click bait title insinuating there is something wrong with the product and then admits to selling tweaked factory presets from said unit. He's probably butt hurt because he never got a "loaner" FM9

None of my business but I hope he never gets another "loaner" of anything from Fractal. He sits on this thing for 3 years and when he finally gets around to doing a video he puts up a click bait title insinuating there is something wrong with the product and then admits to selling tweaked factory presets from said unit. He's probably butt hurt because he never got a "loaner" FM9
THIS.

These guys are a dime-a-dozen clamoring for views/$$.

Always a far left and right. If you compare say the quad cortex cab block to the fractal, it really is night and day. A page full of text vs a speaker cone with a few knobs. Everyone loves easy ui, it's on everything... do you prefer using an old flip phone when texting? no you like the nice keyboard you are presented with. I'd love to see a UIUX person get a hold of the fractal interface and see what they can come up with. But really what would It hurt to improve the interface? It's full color and 99% black on the screen at any time. I'm personally ok with the interface, but who doesn't like looking at nice stuff?

I don't think he is butthurt so much as entitled.

Always a far left and right. If you compare say the quad cortex cab block to the fractal, it really is night and day. A page full of text vs a speaker cone with a few knobs. Everyone loves easy ui, it's on everything... do you prefer using an old flip phone when texting? no you like the nice keyboard you are presented with. I'd love to see a UIUX person get a hold of the fractal interface and see what they can come up with. But really what would It hurt to improve the interface? It's full color and 99% black on the screen at any time. I'm personally ok with the interface, but who doesn't like looking at nice stuff?

The issue as I see it, and I could be totally wrong, but is it even worth Fractals time to overhaul the UI? The vast majority of working musicians have no problem with it.

You don't hear James Hetfields tech saying "We switched from Fractal to Neural cause the touch screen looks nice."
You don't hear Phil Collens tech saying "We switched from Fractal to Line 6 cause the UI is better."
You don't hear Neal Schons tech saying "We switched from Fractal to BOSS cause we just can't edit from the front panel."

What you do hear is a circus of Youtube "influencers" in their well-lit man-closets complaining about/presenting hypothetical use scenarios that seldom ever actually apply to real world use.

The issue as I see it, and I could be totally wrong, but is it even worth Fractals time to overhaul the UI? The vast majority of working musicians have no problem with it.

You don't hear James Hetfields tech saying "We switched from Fractal to Neural cause the touch screen looks nice."
You don't hear Phil Collens tech saying "We switched from Fractal to Line 6 cause the UI is better."
You don't hear Neal Schons tech saying "We switched from Fractal to BOSS cause we just can't edit from the front panel."

What you do hear is a circus of Youtube "influencers" in their well-lit man-closets complaining about/presenting hypothetical use scenarios that seldom ever actually apply to real world use.

Stellar reply. :)

Let's offer up this hypothetical. If the UI was overhauled would he gig it then?

I am not even gonna offer up my reply to that hypothetical, because I think we all know the answer.

He said in the video that he's hoping to buy an FM9, and he raved about the sounds and stock presets in the FX3, so can't be all that butthurt. ;-)

He said in the video that he's hoping to buy an FM9, and he raved about the sounds and stock presets in the FX3, so can't be all that butthurt. ;-)

You lost me at "buy" when discussing a Youtube "influencer."

That seems like trying to dry off a fish while it is swimming in the Ocean. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom