Axe-Fx III Firmware 19.00 Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sound changed some, but I could still gig with them as they are.
Plenty of highs there and very direct feeling. Amazing.
That Marshall 'chirp' is there? Didn't notice it was missing before.
Metal amps meaner, more scooped mids, raspy highs. Nice. The rectos outstanding.
Is it placebo or did it really change that way? Hm...

Axe FX III freezes and have to reboot when I switch to a preset with a 5153 amp block, audio goes dead after a click. Also there's all this noise happening when I switch to a preset with the JC-120 amp block.
Tell us the numbers if they're stock factory presets, otherwise attach them so we can confirm the problem.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/19p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_19p00_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Version 19.00 firmware represents the first use of the Chase Nonlinear Feedback (CNFB) technique for the solution of nonlinear ODEs. The power amp algorithm has been completely rewritten using the CNFB method. This provides improved accuracy, especially in the clipping and power supply sag behavior vs. frequency.

Added y-axis labels to RTA.

Added Time Shape parameter to Megatap Delay. The EXP/LOG setting is the default and behaves as before allowing time shapes between exponential and logarithmic (including linear). The SIGMOID setting is a four-quadrant shape that allows time shapes between sigmoid and inverse sigmoid. The COSINE and SINE settings select sine wave shapes with the Time Alpha parameter controlling the number of periods from 1 to 8.

FC: Amp Level Save now has an option for 0 dB to allow saving a preset via a footswitch.

Fixed signal level into power amp a bit too high in 6160 models.
Just as I was asking the other day if we had reached the limit on new firmware advances for the AXE FX III, Cliff make a mockery of my comment. Thanks!

Here are the 5153 that Freezes the unit, and the JC-120 which has terrible hissing noise! Never had issues with any presets before, and these Ive had for more than a year now.

Attachments

• Eruption VH.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
  • JC-120 StChorus.syx
I also have another JC-120 preset which has the same noise as this JC-120 preset. But, I have other presets with the 5153 amp and those work just fine.

Everything else sounds AMAZING GUYS!!!!! Thank you Cliff and Staff, for your continuous improvements!!! And thanx to everyone here for everyones input!!!!! I’m in a thankful mood! HAHAHA!

Groovy! Backed up gonna give it whirl.... Thank you for so freely sharing your innovations with us, Mr. Chase. :trophy:

WOW!! Thank you! Man! You are the Best!!!!! Can't say enough good things about your dedication and continuous support!! Thank you!

But would the CPU meter even register efficiency improvements to amps blocks? I thought they ran on their own core, and the CPU meter showed the other core that effects run on. Or has that changed at some point?

That's a very good point that I don't know the answer to. All I'll say is on 18.03, this preset would bounce from 81 to 84% and sometimes show a WARNING. On 19.00 beta 1, it dips down to 79% and I haven't seen it hit 82% yet. That was with about 30 minutes of playing, though.

Cliff might be able to explain the CPU load bar better (or perhaps already has).

It could be just me but I'm getting improved feel when playing, more responsive/dynamic. The upper mids/top end are still bright and crunchy but with less unpleasant frequencies. The distortion overall seems cleaner somehow and there is more glassiness (like when a strat neck pickup hits a cranked Marshall up around the 12th fret type thing).

That's a very good point that I don't know the answer to. All I'll say is on 18.03, this preset would bounce from 81 to 84% and sometimes show a WARNING. On 19.00 beta 1, it dips down to 79% and I haven't seen it hit 82% yet. That was with about 30 minutes of playing, though.

Cliff might be able to explain the CPU load bar better (or perhaps already has).
About CPU usage

“CPU usage number represents the amount of CPU dedicated to audio processing in real-time. We chose to display the actual limitation, rather than scale the number.” [1]

Potential Bug:

Both files have a Wah. When this is engaged after a few seconds output signal drops by around 30db.

Go to another pre-set without a Wah and the original levels come back.

Both pre sets are modified versions of ones uploaded by @2112, so credit to Leon Todd.

Attachments

• Boss CE-1 Dirt.syx
  • ADA MP-1 Chorus Dirt.syx
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom