Axe-Fx III Firmware 19.00 Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!
What does that bold bit mean?
How can we save presets with a footswitch?
Yes. A common request was for a way to save presets with a footswitch. Rather than add an entirely new Function to the Utility category, you can use the good old Amp Level and Save function and just set the level change to "0dB". The need for this feature became enhanced when converting Axe-Fx III presets for the FM9, and there was no reason to not back-port such a simple option to Axe-Fx III and FM3.

Another observation: non-MV amps cranked seem to fluctuate in volume - don't know if it's more accurate according to the newer modeling?

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/19p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_19p00_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Version 19.00 firmware represents the first use of the Chase Nonlinear Feedback (CNFB) technique for the solution of nonlinear ODEs. The power amp algorithm has been completely rewritten using the CNFB method. This provides improved accuracy, especially in the clipping and power supply sag behavior vs. frequency.

Added y-axis labels to RTA.

Added Time Shape parameter to Megatap Delay. The EXP/LOG setting is the default and behaves as before allowing time shapes between exponential and logarithmic (including linear). The SIGMOID setting is a four-quadrant shape that allows time shapes between sigmoid and inverse sigmoid. The COSINE and SINE settings select sine wave shapes with the Time Alpha parameter controlling the number of periods from 1 to 8.

FC: Amp Level Save now has an option for 0 dB to allow saving a preset via a footswitch.

Fixed signal level into power amp a bit too high in 6160 models.
Thanks Cliff & FASCo!

Yes. A common request was for a way to save presets with a footswitch. Rather than add an entirely new Function to the Utility category, you can use the good old Amp Level and Save function and just set the level change to "0dB". The need for this feature became enhanced when converting Axe-Fx III presets for the FM9, and there was no reason to not back-port such a simple option to Axe-Fx III and FM3.
Ah I wasn't aware of that available footswitch action, no wonder enhancing it didn't register :)

Bug?
I have some artefacts in every prestet wjen i palmmute an ton rings out.
I use very low noisgate settings.
I went back to 18.03 and the problem was gone.

But sounds great only this issu in palmmutes.

Axe FX III freezes and have to reboot when I switch to a preset with a 5153 amp block, audio goes dead after a click. Also there's all this noise happening when I switch to a preset with the JC-120 amp block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom