Ibanez FP-777

Hmm. mono 4 stage phaser with negative feedback, LDR/optocoupler driven, and a stereo panning circuit. Interesting circuit. Independent rate controls for phase and pan and fixed LFO depths for both. Both LFO's appear to be triangle wave I think. Phase Select switch determines the routing of the two circuits. The Right setting puts the panner circuit first and feeds just the right channel to the phaser. The Left setting does the same but feeds the left channel to the phaser. The stereo setting puts the phaser circuit before the panner.

Should be doable with a Vol/Pan block and a Phaser block and a bit of tweaking. I'd guess maybe something like the Naughty Rock model set to 4 stages and Triangle or Astable Wave and the VCR type set to photocell would be a decent place to start for the phaser.

Last edited:

Depending on what modes you want, this isn't overly hard to achieve.

If you do it's Phaser > Panner mode it sounds very nice and is pretty simple to cop.

I think the Treadle Phaser with the stages set to 4 sounds pretty darn close to the phaser-only sounds he demos in that video. (But also I deeply love the Treadle Phaser so I probably bias towards it)

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 12.49.11 PM.png

Tremolo sounded closest with the sine wave to me.

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 12.49.51 PM.png

Rember to pan your amps or your cabs hard left and right for maximum effect.

This setup makes me want to get my funk on. Sounds fantastic. Really makes me want to funk it up. Super quick take.

Preset is attached.

Edit: Updated the preset with some scenes and a delay block running the ping-pong algorithm for some extra magical fun.

Attachments

• [iaresee] Frying Plan.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Pretty good copy. The phaser sweep is a bit more lumpy in the pedal like a UniVibe due to the photocells, but you've definitely got the bulk of its character.

Last edited:
Pretty good copy. The phaser sweep is a bit more lumpy in the pedal like a UniVibe due to the photocells, but you've definitely got the bulk of its character.
Is there a way to account for that in iaresee's preset? Also thx iaresee that's pretty rad of you.

Depending on what modes you want, this isn't overly hard to achieve.

If you do it's Phaser > Panner mode it sounds very nice and is pretty simple to cop.

I think the Treadle Phaser with the stages set to 4 sounds pretty darn close to the phaser-only sounds he demos in that video. (But also I deeply love the Treadle Phaser so I probably bias towards it)

View attachment 94017

Tremolo sounded closest with the sine wave to me.

View attachment 94018

Rember to pan your amps or your cabs hard left and right for maximum effect.

This setup makes me want to get my funk on. Sounds fantastic. Really makes me want to funk it up. Super quick take.

Preset is attached.

Edit: Updated the preset with some scenes and a delay block running the ping-pong algorithm for some extra magical fun.

I tried to load the preset but it comes up empty on the canvas, no blocks are inside it. Maybe I'm doing something dumb but I imported it.

What firmware version are you on? The preset appears to be created on 18.03. If yours is older than that, it won't load it.

Is there a way to account for that in iaresee's preset? Also thx iaresee that's pretty rad of you.
Switch the phaser model to the Uni-vibe model to start. Though the Treadle already uses photocells for the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom