Ax Fx Ultra to FCB1010

kjsmisf

I received a Behringer FCB 1010 over the Holidays and simply want to port my fave 10 presets (ie: 23,45,65,87 etc) from my AxUltra to the midi foot switch. As a midi newbie if one can direct me to a previous post to do this quick and easy, I would be appreciative. Thx KJ

What do you mean "port"?

The FCB is somewhat limited with the stock chip from my understanding. I used it with the UnO chip with Axe Fx II for a while and that wasn't bad.

OK, I'll try and be more clear.
Say I like presets 54,56,72,96,100,172,190,228,240,270 on the Ultra. So my fave 10 presets.
I want to 'link' preset 54 to the FCB pedal switch#1, 56 to Pedal #2, 72 to Pedal #3 etc...
The purpose of course is so I don't have to manually turn the Fractal rotary switch and can perform these changes live by foot.
Expression one and two as volume and wah would also be nice.
Was hoping not to reinvent the wheel if someone has already done it, which I am sure they have.
Thx ahead of time for any consideration.

All the MIDI controller is doing is sending and receiving MIDI commands. I have a Ground Control Pro for my Ultra. With that unit I had to program the foot controller to send the MIDI command number for each switch for the preset in the Ultra that I wanted it to switch to. That is it. I have not owned the foot controller that you have so I can't really advise how to program the switches.

OK..thanks...being as I said in my first post a midi newbie all I am looking for is anyone who may know the "do this, then this, then this...now pedal one is set, do this, this the this , pedal two set..." in other words a clear instruction path for someone who doesn't know midi.
Being a 70 year old guitarist who has been playing since 1966 I basically am an expert at 1/4 phono plug connections vis a vi , amps, cabs. racks, analog pedals etc...hhmmm...guess I can start learning midi.
I just really LOVE the Fractal tone in my 2nd half stack, the 1st being straight thru a V3 and 4x12. To me it is the grail of tone and would be nice to use my foot so as I record in my studio IU can use different presets in the same song....without stopping to change the knob.
Simple.
When I figure this out I will post an instruction sheet.
Thanks again...

I received a Behringer FCB 1010 over the Holidays and simply want to port my fave 10 presets (ie: 23,45,65,87 etc) from my AxUltra to the midi foot switch. As a midi newbie if one can direct me to a previous post to do this quick and easy, I would be appreciative. Thx KJ
Unfortunately, there is no "quick and easy" in programming the stock FCB1010. As others have mentioned, there are software editors that can help ease the blow, but you'll need a USB to MIDI adapter to do it this way. In the meantime, here's a thread from 5 years ago that walks you through the steps of programming some stuff on the FCB1010 for the AxeFxII. Perhaps you'll be able to glean some useful info from it.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fcb1010-help-no-mod-no-chip.61417/

Thx Jim, thats some great info. I do have a USB to midi adaptor from years ago, I think from an Echo audio device. so I may be able to use on my Mini M1.
Roland, I was out in the studio this AM and stumbled on the midi #'s applied to the FCB in the extended manual. I am going to try your solution of a copy back to 1-10 of my personal presets. Then I will only have vol/wah to exp1/2 and I did find instructions on that!

Thx all...will post when I have success. Deeply appreciate the help as I was lost to be sure, but see some lite now!IMG_20220104_101837025[1898].jpg
Kj

Been here. I used to run an Ultra and FCB1010. As has been said, programming the FCB1010 is tedious. The easiest solution is keep presets 1 to 10 on the Ultra free for your favourite presets. Build them elsewhere, and copy into 1 to 10.
There is the Easy Button! ;)

Been here. I used to run an Ultra and FCB1010. As has been said, programming the FCB1010 is tedious. The easiest solution is keep presets 1 to 10 on the Ultra free for your favourite presets. Build them elsewhere, and copy into 1 to 10.
Same here. Grouping my presets in 10s like this, the plan for me is now to assign one guitar for every group.

...know this, as a senior on a fixed budget which means I buy what I can afford, my Ultra (700. MF) to me is one smokin red hot piece of gear. I was in studio this AM rolling thru presets with a huge grin of happiness!
And, thought I had docs on putting my faves to 1-10 to match the FCB. URL instruct Link anyone?

Been Awhile since I had my ultra, But it seems like when you press store to save an edited preset it gives you a chance to edit the name and location before pressing enter

OK..thanks...being as I said in my first post a midi newbie all I am looking for is anyone who may know the "do this, then this, then this...now pedal one is set, do this, this the this , pedal two set..." in other words a clear instruction path for someone who doesn't know midi.
Being a 70 year old guitarist who has been playing since 1966 I basically am an expert at 1/4 phono plug connections vis a vi , amps, cabs. racks, analog pedals etc...hhmmm...guess I can start learning midi.
I just really LOVE the Fractal tone in my 2nd half stack, the 1st being straight thru a V3 and 4x12. To me it is the grail of tone and would be nice to use my foot so as I record in my studio IU can use different presets in the same song....without stopping to change the knob.
Simple.
When I figure this out I will post an instruction sheet.
Thanks again...
Hi there! I use the FBC 1010 with an Ultra too, the way to go about it is setting each MIDI pedal so that it sends a value to the Ultra that corresponds to the patch you want it to go to.

Let's say you have your clean sound on patch 50 on the ultra, and your crunch on patch 100.
Your goal is to have pedal #1 of the FCB sending a value of 50, this way it would call the clean sound.
In the same way, you would want, for example, to have pedal #2 of the FCB sending a value of 100, so it calls the crunch sound.

The only problem really is just, how do you setup the FCB so that pedal #1 has a value of 50 and pedal #2 has a value of 100 ?
Let's set up pedal #1. You'd have to do the following:
  1. Go on the preset bank you want to edit (I believe they go from 00 to 10)
  2. Hold the DOWN pedal down for more than 2.5 seconds, a green LED should start blinking
  3. Press the UP pedal
  4. If the pedal #1 doesn't have a red LED, hold it down until it goes red
  5. Press pedal #1, the red LED should start blinking
  6. Press UP, the LED NUMBER in the display should turn on. You can now set the value for pedal #1
  7. Insert the value 50 (you can do this with the expression pedal)
  8. Confirm with UP
  9. Quit the configuration mode by holding down DOWN
This should be about it, let me know if you manage! If you need additional help I might look for some videos online or make one of my own

Back
Top Bottom