And the award for best factory preset goes to….

Bank B #072 Thick Chorus
Why that? I like that you can change the amp block to many types that sound good right from the start without touching it's knobs.

Oddly enough I thought the preset sounded better in the Ultra than the II and III.
By no means a slam on the II or III, but rather a compliment to the Ultra, there are several Ultra presets that I think have not been surpassed. To my ear Poltergeist Pig and Crystal Echoes sounded their best back in the day as well as Studio Lead. Cali Lead and Subway Verb (with a bit less 'verb'..lol) were stellar presets as well. Especially run thru a Strymon Big Sky.

By no means a slam on the II or III, but rather a compliment to the Ultra, there are several Ultra presets that I think have not been surpassed. To my ear Poltergeist Pig and Crystal Echoes sounded their best back in the day as well as Studio Lead. Cali Lead and Subway Verb (with a bit less 'verb'..lol) were stellar presets as well. Especially run thru a Strymon Big Sky.
Just tried Poltergeist Pig on the III Turbo… it sounds way different from what I recall on the II. I need to see if I can find out what the settings were back then and try them. I liked it better when it sounded more like Pink Floyd’s “Pigs”

"The Planets"

I stumbled upon this riff with an Axe-FX Ultra years ago and it's one of my favorite things I've ever come up with. Oddly enough I thought the preset sounded better in the Ultra than the II and III. The pitch shifting in the Ultra version sounded more synth-y which I thought gave it a super unique vibe. Will eventually make it into a full song, concept album, ect.

Very nice. Adding a compelling bass line would elevate this track to another level.

Crystal Echoes definitely sounded better on the Ultra. Does anyone on here have both an Ultra and a III so we can do a back to back comparison and maybe "fix" it?

If Hot Kitty were to win....

If Hot Kitty were to win....

Charlize!!!

"Slammed" scene in JCM800 - somehow it sounds great with any of my guitars, the sound is both quite dynamic and gainy. Had to lower the bass knob tought.

First thing I’ve always done when I got a new AxeFX .. I have the Ultra, Axe II, and III, is go thru the factory presets, and write down the number of the ones that sound best to me with a pen and paper.
There were a bunch I made note of. From there I do it again and narrow the list, from clean to mean. Overall, Marshall’s seem to do it best for me. I have no one favorite.
I’ve made about 20 presets, tweaking them until they sound really good.

Back
Top Bottom