FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming this is a bug, but I lost all ability to get output from my FM9 after the update.

After turning the unit back on, I had no output (plugged into a SD PS-170 feeding a 2x12) so I shut it off and turned it on again, output was just fine.

Brought the pedalboard into my studio to make some clips, plugged the USB cable into my iMac and made sure all the I/O's were set to the FM9 in the iMac, had the Outs of the FM9 running into a mixer feeding my studio monitors, pressed play on iTunes just to check everything was working before I opened Logic and I got nothing. Nothing showing up on the Ins or Out meters of the FM9

I plugged my guitar in and while I get the Input meter lighting up, there's nothing lighting up on the Output side, no audio either.

I tried restarting everything, no dice.
I tried reinstalling the beta, no dice.

I brought my power amp/cab in the studio to triple check and nothing.

Literally the first time I've ever had a single issue with an update, I almost didn't back up! :D

Just going to roll back to my backup and hope everything turns out ok.

Edit- Rolled back and everything is working fine.

Since I'm an impatient little shit, I'm going to try re-downloading the beta on my imac and using a different USB to install it. The USB I generally use for it is 20ft long, maybe some update got stuck to the sides while traveling to the FM9 with the longer one.

Edit 2: Reinstalled, seems to be working fine now! I’m stuffed on tacos and getting ready to pull the rig back into the living room so I can keep dialing in new sounds.

Last edited:
I think it might be wise for me to see how folks get on with their updates before joining in. It's my cautious nature.

I am with you. There isn't anything in the update that I feel like I have to have immediately. I can wait a little while until it goes to a full release.
Well, I'd guess what we anticipated is more than we asked for! Took a chance and upgraded sometime just before the dinner hour and have yet to test drive this thing yet. How many of you folks honestly sat on your hands this evening? Locally, it's almost apartment noise curfew, so will wait until tomorrow afternoon to put the upgrade through its paces (if I even have time to begin doing so).

What are the biggest improvements you folks have seen? If Pitch block is one, will be all over that.

Last edited:
Sounds like there is positive feedback right out of the gate, none or very few bugs.

Looks like it is safe to dive in. Especially with an updated Pitch Block!!

Thanks Fractal Team!!

Haven't used Fractal Bot in a while. So since it is integrated with FM9 edit when doing the FW update EDIT stays open?
Since their is NO WAY i can see to close it I guess it stays open during FW update?
Yes? No?

Any reports on pitch block performance for drop tuning?
It’s much improved imo. I’ve tuned down as many as 5 steps (just for testing) using virtual capo and it’s still tracking tightly. Dirty and clean, no real artifacts or warble going up or down 2 steps. Certainly none a crowd would notice. Octave effects track very solid. No real latency. It sounds great and is fun to play. Win.

When using the Refresh after new firmware in the Settings menu: does this only reset for the preset showing, or does it reset all presets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom