RESOLVED! FM3 MIDI Control via Morningstar MC6 Mk II

Another thing you should know about the AxeFX Integration mode: AxeFX commands / interactions require a slightly longer button press for some reason. If you just tap a button, it will fire any messages that regular MIDI or MC6 commands. But any actions that require interaction with Fractal gear require a slightly longer press (no, not a LONG PRESS) or they won't fire. I've filed a bug report with Morningstar. As I said above, the AxeFX Integration modes are not very useful, but the device does a great job of sending regular MIDI.

One major benefit of the integration is you use up fewer MC-6/8 banks on scenes/presets. Frees up a lot of other options.

That said I have been curious about the FC-6 as an alternative to my MC-8. The size is of course a turn off, but I've also worried the control of other MIDI devices will be more limited. Seems there may be no "perfect option."

Another thing you should know about the AxeFX Integration mode: AxeFX commands / interactions require a slightly longer button press for some reason. If you just tap a button, it will fire any messages that regular MIDI or MC6 commands. But any actions that require interaction with Fractal gear require a slightly longer press (no, not a LONG PRESS) or they won't fire. I've filed a bug report with Morningstar. As I said above, the AxeFX Integration modes are not very useful, but the device does a great job of sending regular MIDI.
Also quite annoying:

1648767037201.png

383 is the max offset. I have some presets stored from 400 on on my FM3....

Back
Top Bottom