Fractal Friday with Cooper Carter!

A very special #FractalFriday today, celebrating the release of Dream Theater's 15th studio album. Here are 37 of my favorite DT riffs on each one of the 37 amazing amazing Axe-Fx/FM9/FM3 models based on amps by Mesa/Boogie.

Damn daddyo…..after watching this had to throw the JP C+ yellow and the Triple Crest 3 into my stereo preset and BOOM!…..my new favorite!
Nicely done Coop!

Thanks for this Mr Cooper, as a recent convert to IEMs it’s great to get some specific tips from a pro. Another reason I love the fractal scene.

I was interested in this thread about feedback https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/natural-feedback-at-any-volume.179176/, as that’s one thing that I haven’t been able to achieve with IEMs. We’ve started using a room mic, and at a small gig last night I was pleasantly surprised to hear nice sustained feedback on my lead scene (FAS lead- what else?) I wonder if the feedback was achieved through the room mic, or the FOH was just loud enough to reach my pickups!

I have also found that I hear much more gain live than what I dialled in. I now think it’s probably that sonic reinforcement from the PA, so I’m gonna try that tip to have some room sound even when dialling in with iems.

You sir are a legend, thank you for enriching our community!

Back
Top Bottom