FedEx Dropped off a Surprise

TG3K

Fractal Fanatic
Back in the early '80s someone stole my '68 Gibson Les Paul Custom. That guitar was my high school graduation gift from my parents, who purchased it used in 1975. It was the last Gibson I ever owned, since I never felt justified to spend the money for another one. One of my guitar students back then was a 15 year old kid named Roger. We reconnected a few years ago on Facebook and have stayed in touch since then. A few weeks back Roger was traveling through town so we met up for dinner.

Today, FedEx dropped this off at my house...

Box 1024.jpg

Case 1024.jpg

Body 1024.jpg

Headstock 1024.jpg

The original owner replaced the robo tuners with locking Sperzels and had a bone nut installed. It's in near-mint condition and has been set up nicely. Roger said that when he came by our house after dinner, he noticed I didn't have any Gibson guitars. He decided to thin out his collection a little bit by sending this one to me. My mind is still blown.

Wow. You must have made one helluvan impression on that student. What a gift! (Although as I read about your LP being stolen, I was hoping the end of your story was somehow getting it returned to you.)

Man, that is so cool. The fact that you made such an impression on a student that they would do this for you says a lot about the kind of person and teacher you are. Happy NGD!

Man, that is so cool. The fact that you made such an impression on a student that they would do this for you says a lot about the kind of person and teacher you are. Happy NGD!
Nevermind sending a guitar, that he sought him out on Facebook to begin with says a lot about the person on both sides of the conversation.

Disclaimer: No matter what they re-brand it as, Facebook is a still a tetestable pit that has provided an easy route for the subversion of economies, governments, elections, culture and discourse all for the ego of one eyebrowless megalomaniacal lizard-person bent on controlling the way all humans thinks and speak with the information that he controls and sells for limitless cash and influence.

Still not as bad as Twitter, though.

Wow! That's beautiful, but the real story here is how great a teacher you must be and how big an impact you had in that kid's life that he looked for you later in life.

He also must have known how much you loved your LP and didn't think twice to gift you one of his. Pretty damn wholesome, Merry Xmas!

Back
Top Bottom