Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 18.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I don't know, and I don't wanna get killed by those that do.

But I was spending the day working in a new DAW rig and noticed my stereo-delays weren't happening. After a good bit of hating on my DAW and interface ... I realized that it was the AXE.

I have my delays before my cab block, because I also pump it through stereo real cabs.
The cab block has been that way for years.

Improved Amp block cathode follower algorithm. Algorithm now uses higher order solution of nonlinear ODE for more accurate low frequency response.

Improved Amp block power amp algorithm. New algorithm more accurately models dynamic changes in speaker impedance resulting in more “complexity”.

Now these sound interesting; does it improve the authenticity / feel? I'm on the FM3 (patiently waiting :D )

Hi Guys, I have a little issue with the Angle Severe amp block.

When I turn Depth to zero, the outputs mute, the output leds (used in the preset) all light. Changing the preset … no change, also muted outputs.

This happens by tweaking direct or via Axe Edit. Only a reboot helps.

BTW: Stock preset Angle Severe also is involved. I resettet the AXE, reloaded the presets and built a preset from scratch … no solution. And yes, I refreshed after booting new firmware (for the work with Axe Edit). 18 Beta 1 is fine!

Anyone else with this problem?

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I have a little issue with the Angle Severe amp block.

When I turn Depth to zero, the outputs mute, the output leds (used in the preset) all light. Changing the preset … no change, also muted outputs.

This happens by tweaking direct or via Axe Edit. Only a reboot helps.

BTW: Stock preset Angle Severe also is involved. I resettet the AXE, reloaded the presets and built a preset from scratch … no solution. And yes, I refreshed after booting new firmware (for the work with Axe Edit). 18 Beta 1 is fine!

Anyone else with this problem?
I didn't play with the settings, but my main preset is a hard panned stereo preset with a Friedman on the left and an Angle Severe 2 on the right. After the update, the Severe just didn't sound to my liking. I didn't try tweaking it too much. I ended up swapping it out with a Diesel and I think it works with the Friedman better anyways.

Bug in 18.02 release (also in 18.01):
I tried new feature "Added MUTE option to Output 1/2 Configuration". When MUTE is set to Output1, in DAW is only mono signal. Did not test for Output2.

Same here, the signal DAW receives gets summed to mono.

EDIT: System audio works properly.

Bug report: sweeping the presence on the Angle Severe 2 model crashes my AxeFX III.

EDIT: the crash seems to happen if I max out presence and then try to drop it down again. Weird!

Bug report: sweeping the presence on the Angle Severe 2 model crashes my AxeFX III.

EDIT: the crash seems to happen if I max out presence and then try to drop it down again. Weird!
Yes already 3 guys said it …. Waiting for the 18.03… after re levelled all the presets in 18.00,18.01,18.02 I hope the volumes of the amps won’t change this time 🥱
I m really becoming a pro of preset leveling these days 😅

Took my Axe III to practice tonight after updates to 18.00 and 18.02. On our lead off song my guitar starts off with a tremolo scene. Absolutely knocked my head off. The rest of the scenes were fine. I needed a quick fix so I went to Output>Scene Levels and discover the levels changed with each scene change. Here is a quick vid showing the quirk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom