Natural feedback at any volume?

I like my Fractal sustainer, it didn't cost jack $hit. Man I get tired of burning the bank account for gadgets to play one or two songs.

The Ed O'Brian Strat is honestly not a perfect guitar. Tuners and tremolo are crap (or let's say authentic vintage). The neck is very chunky and you have to unsrew it from the body to adjust it's tension.
Agreed. My buddy replaced the neck and installed locking tuners and made a new beast of it. The trem has worked nicely though he is a dive bomb nerd.

I typically induce feedback with digital amps (Fractal, VSTs, etc.) one of two ways--a cranked FRFR or an EBow. The EBow method is tricky--requires forethought in getting it prepped for use when both hands are occupied, but I tend to like the results better as I can pretty much guarantee the feedback with be a harmonic of the note I'm playing. With a cranked studio monitor or FRFR, the feedback is obviously more "natural", but harder to control.

Given that I pretty much never play live, I have the luxury of combining both methods when I'm recording (provided my wife is ok with the racket!). That tends to sound best, as I can get the string moving at the right pitch with the EBow, then sustain it into pleasing feedback with the FRFR.

Back
Top Bottom