FM3 For All The Wrong Reasons - inspired by Steely Dan, Larry Carlton and Chuck D'Aloia

Mats Nermark

Inspired
After an excursion into other styles I always return to what I feel is my musical home which is the jazz-rock-pop era from the 80s and 90s.
This tune takes its inspiration from Steely Dan, Larry Carlton and the most excellent Chuck D'Aloia.

For this track I used a Collings I-35LC.

Hope you'll like it!

Cheers,

Mats N

Nice work, Mats! It’s got a good feel, and definitely evokes that SD vibe; and that’s always a good thing!

Man Mats you nail this stuff so perfectly. You play through the changes so good. As I have said before makes me feel at home also. That tone is really smooth.🍻

Got to say, Listened again today( with head phones ,and man the mixing in that is tune is fantastic. Love the way the key boards are boucing around and the guitar so right there in the middle

Man Mats you nail this stuff so perfectly. You play through the changes so good. As I have said before makes me feel at home also. That tone is really smooth.🍻
Hi GitGuy,

Glad to make you feel at home. Also glad you noticed the way I play through the chords as I've thought quite a bit about that lately and it's good to know it pays off.

Cheers,

Mats N

Got to say, Listened again today( with head phones ,and man the mixing in that is tune is fantastic. Love the way the key boards are boucing around and the guitar so right there in the middle
Ha, ha! I can't imagine a bouncing Rhodes on stage.
This is the Rhodes from Spectrasonics' Keyscape and the panning feature was sort of a big "thing" back in the 70s and 80s.

Cheers,

Mats N

Back
Top Bottom