[Implemented] List Display Zoom

The release of the FM9 makes this request even more relevant. The current text size may be great for those folks whose FM3 or FM9 never leaves their desk, but it’s pretty much illegible for me with my limited vision.
Heck, I have 20/20 vision and I can't read the home screen with a quick glance while standing up playing. Too much tiny text jammed together on one side of the screen. If I stop everything and stare at the screen I can read it, but not while playing which I think is the target use of the FM's.

Was just trying searching to see if there was a way to do exactly this. My ElevenRack had a similar display option that I always used. Anyway, I'd love to have this feature, so...

+1

While the FM3 has a beautiful and easy to read display, I see potential for improvements in regards to how it displays lists of presets, scenes, amps, cabs, effects, etc., especially when currently, the display basically imitates that of the Axe-FX III. But alas, many of us aren’t operating our FM3’s from eye level or from a rack.

So, I propose a zoom function to enlarge all lists. Obviously, less information would be able to be displayed at one time, but I feel this would be a welcome feature for those with poor eyesight.

Here’s a concept I quickly threw together:
View attachment 66575
The above example would be a 4x zoom setting, which would display four out of eight scenes. A 2x zoom setting would display all eight scenes with four scenes per each of the two columns:
View attachment 66576

Of course this could be applied to the rest of the lists for presets, amps, cabs, effects, parameters, etc.:
View attachment 66578
Thoughts?
+1 especially for the 2x concept w/ two columns.

No idea if somebody is working on this and I guess it's definitely not a priority actually. If FM3 is already excellent for me, it would be that tiny evolution that my eyes would be very grateful for. Another solution for identification could be to have the actual scene on a negative/inverted background colour and fat characters.

I think after 3.5 years of the Axe3, a year and a half of the FM3, and now the FM9, it's a legitimate question to ask if this is something Fractal Audio sees as a problem. I know my eyesight isn't getting any better.
Maybe @Admin M@ could give us some insight one way or another? I never like putting people on the spot, but it may be better than all of us continuing to hope this will be fixed when it isn't seen as an issue by the company.

I have found the solution! :p :p :p
22%2F22002474%2F22002474-10-150525113956.jpg

I think after 3.5 years of the Axe3, a year and a half of the FM3, and now the FM9, it's a legitimate question to ask if this is something Fractal Audio sees as a problem. I know my eyesight isn't getting any better.
Maybe @Admin M@ could give us some insight one way or another? I never like putting people on the spot, but it may be better than all of us continuing to hope this will be fixed when it isn't seen as an issue by the company.
Maybe it just cannot be done due to a hardware issue, in which case we'll have to do with it as is. It won't alter my high opinions on the FM3 and FAS, let's say it's just a wish for "having a better living room".

Maybe it just cannot be done due to a hardware issue, in which case we'll have to do with it as is. It won't alter my high opinions on the FM3 and FAS, let's say it's just a wish for "having a better living room".
There is no "hardware issue" with drawing text in larger size on a LCD. It's simply something that the current Fractal software is not designed to do. Considering how few UI updates Fractal does I would guess that changing anything on the UI itself is a bit of an ordeal.

Back
Top Bottom