RR Hall of Fame.

I really liked Jay-Z. He's incredibly intelligent and savvy.

And I'm going to have to look over Todd R's catalog. I really don't like his hits, but just the clips of his other works really turned my ear.

Anyone else wish the GoGo's would return to those early punk recordings...those were awesome.

It's irritating. They didn't induct Yes until after Chris Squire had passed. Unacceptable.
I was done with it when they started inducting rap artists. Whether or not you like rap, it's not RnR.

The rrhof is almost as irrelevant as rolling stone magazine as far as good music is concerned. Bunch of elitist wannabe's.....

It's irritating. They didn't induct Yes until after Chris Squire had passed. Unacceptable.
I was done with it when they started inducting rap artists. Whether or not you like rap, it's not RnR.

You clearly weren't listening to 'Kraftwerk'.

We're going to have to disagree about what is considered 'Rock and Roll'. IMO this is a shitty name for what it is.

Lots of wiggle room for 'music that shakes up society'. Is Billy Holiday Rock and Roll? Madonna? Jony Mitchell?

I guess I term Rock and Roll anything that pisses off the norms you're supposed to adhere to. It should never be a musical style. If you define what it is...it dies.

(Aside. Outside of a small subset of artists and songs...I dislike rap for the most part...even with the genetic 'credentials'. But I accept that it's rebellion and inventiveness has been kicking the shit out of traditional 'Rock and Roll' for years. My point: don't be that 'get off my lawn' guy because you don't like the music.)

R

The rrhof is almost as irrelevant as rolling stone magazine as far as good music is concerned. Bunch of elitist wannabe's.....

Agreed here. When Jann W made it in (that masturbating in the front row of every Stones concert crap-heel), I laughed. This magazine hasn't made a solid call on a band in decades.

I’m so happy for the Rhoads family. I’ve had the honor to meet Randy’s sister Kathy at his memorial site. She is fantastic to the fans. She is so happy about his induction.

At the induction she wore his cross necklace he bought on tour while with Ozzy and the RR charm that was on it she gave to him the last Christmas before his death. Both were recovered from the plane crash and she had them restored.

Last edited:
I’m so happy for the Rhoads family. I’ve had the honor to meet Randy’s sister Kathy at his memorial site. She is so fantastic to the fans. She is so happy about his induction.
She wore his cross necklace he bought on tour with Ozzy and the RR charm that was on it that she gave him the last Christmas before his death. Both were recovered from the plant crash and she had them restored and wore it the night of his induction.

At 51:40 for anyone with HBOMax or whatever. I just sort of skimmed it looking for the Randy part, as I really don't give a shit about the rest. I mean, right before this was LL Cool J. Why is he being admitted to the R&R HOF? Sounds like they need to rename it to just "Music Hall of Fame" or something.

I dont care about the RRHOF itself, but the actual exhibits and their cataloguing of music is a nice touch. I believe all of my old bands albums are in their archives, which is cool.

I dont care about the RRHOF itself, but the actual exhibits and their cataloguing of music is a nice touch. I believe all of my old bands albums are in their archives, which is cool.
And the mothership in Cleveland is always worth a visit.

I’m so happy for the Rhoads family. I’ve had the honor to meet Randy’s sister Kathy at his memorial site. She is so fantastic to the fans. She is so happy about his induction.
She wore his cross necklace he bought on tour with Ozzy and the RR charm that was on it that she gave him the last Christmas before his death. Both were recovered from the plant crash and she had them restored and wore it the night of his induction.

I didn't know about this, I must take a look. Randy was one of my favourite guitar players.

Back
Top Bottom