FM3 Firmware Version 4.01

Fractal did a similar promotion with EBMM a couple months ago.

It was promoted by Fractal as well as EBMM.

You're sort of assuming that Fractal did something other than sell a unit to EBMM for promotional use... They may or may not have done that. We don't know.

As far as the lifespan of the FM3 I think there are a lot of Chicken Littles claiming the sky is falling... Most of the Fractal products have had 5-8 years of full support.

Being that the Axe Fx III, FM3 and FM9 are all using a unified implementation I suspect they will all be supported for a long time to come.

And as for those complaining about a lack of recent firmware update, I'll repeat what I said some time back: my FM9 is still FW 1.0.0... ;)
Though that firmware matched the FM3 lol

Yes, but that was back in the good old days before anyone cared about things like Instagram, which is mainly where these activities play out. It's a small investment with measurable rewards.

Hi, Matt. Any news you can share from the FM3 front? Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Fractal did a similar promotion with EBMM a couple months ago.

It was promoted by Fractal as well as EBMM.

You're sort of assuming that Fractal did something other than sell a unit to EBMM for promotional use... They may or may not have done that. We don't know.

As far as the lifespan of the FM3 I think there are a lot of Chicken Littles claiming the sky is falling... Most of the Fractal products have had 5-8 years of full support.

Being that the Axe Fx III, FM3 and FM9 are all using a unified implementation I suspect they will all be supported for a long time to come.

And as for those complaining about a lack of recent firmware update, I'll repeat what I said some time back: my FM9 is still FW 1.0.0... ;)
Like I said it‘s just my thoughts. I don’t ever remember seeing a FAS product giveaway and my inbox gets dozens of gear related marketing spam daily.

Edit:
“a couple months ago” is not a long enough time to really diminish my point in any significant way.

Last edited:
Yes, but that was back in the good old days before anyone cared about things like Instagram, which is mainly where these activities play out. It's a small investment with measurable rewards.
I think I covered many bases when it comes to this whole silliness. It would be nice to quote some other of my comments that basically say exactly what you stated. One thing I have to say is I never seen more defensiveness over a company. I’ve seen some craziness when comes to guitar manufactures, but for electronic gear it’s pretty wild. I suppose as a constituent of that company it’s monetarily positive. I suppose I’m just too old for this sort of energy spent on gear. I have had so much high end gear come and go in my life that it is all just utilitarian at this stage. Having said that, I can get concerned if I think I may have not wisely spent my money or got dinged by the F’d up post modern economic system we are finding ourselves being screwed by. Anyway, all is well and I guess I need to stop being intelligent and reasonable on these social based forums, etc.✌️

I think FX8 and AX8 are the only exceptions to this.

When FM3 launched the AX8 stopped getting firmware updates. I don't think the FM3 will get the same treatment, because the FM3 and FM9 share a common platform.
It’s actually a fine line. Code (soft/firmware, ”platform”) pushes the hardware (processing), but then the hardware will in turn push the coding. Where things fall at any given time is dictated by many factors. Economics being a big one. Oh and world government social engineering via bio weapons forcing fake shortages can really F’ things, too.🥴

Oh and the other thing I’m basing some of my opinions/views on is that I’m seeing less and less videos from all the YouTubers who may or may not have some affiliation with FAS that include the FM3. It’s much easier for them to make correlations between the AxeFX3 and the FM9 than with the FM3. Maybe it’s just due to the newness of the FM9 and the FM3 will get more attention eventually, but people and things usually follow the path of least resistance. Maybe my squeakiness will get some grease flowing.

Edit:
Also I keep forgetting to mention the main reason I originally said anything was to make anybody not aware that a giveaway is going on for a FM3. It’s interesting how that part got completely overlooked. As I said I would never have any association with a corrupt organization like Facebook and their subsidiaries so I guess I’m not essential enough.😉 For all others go try to score a FM3.

Last edited:
Like I said it‘s just my thoughts. I don’t ever remember seeing a FAS product giveaway and my inbox gets dozens of gear related marketing spam daily.

Edit:
“a couple months ago” is not a long enough time to really diminish my point in any significant way.
I don't either, which is why I specifically mentioned the previous recent case - that's the first case I recall seeing of something similar (although it's entirely possible there have been others that I missed).

I think I covered many bases when it comes to this whole silliness. It would be nice to quote some other of my comments that basically say exactly what you stated. One thing I have to say is I never seen more defensiveness over a company. I’ve seen some craziness when comes to guitar manufactures, but for electronic gear it’s pretty wild. I suppose as a constituent of that company it’s monetarily positive. I suppose I’m just too old for this sort of energy spent on gear. I have had so much high end gear come and go in my life that it is all just utilitarian at this stage. Having said that, I can get concerned if I think I may have not wisely spent my money or got dinged by the F’d up post modern economic system we are finding ourselves being screwed by. Anyway, all is well and I guess I need to stop being intelligent and reasonable on these social based forums, etc.✌️
It doesn't take long to figure out who's here to help and who's here to stir the pot. Most are here to help and are very generous with their time and knowledge but there are a handful that can be quite irritating and don't really offer any help. I've found it easy to just skip over most of their comments but there are a couple that I just have to ignore.

actually it is very much appreciated , I would rather be told a few weeks , than hoping Friday might see a release so I am cool with it
Its the radio silence that bothers me more to be honest
There's been very little activity from FAS and some of the mods/beta testers in any area the past few weeks. Other than Rex and Iaresee, Cliff is the only one I see occasionally posting something but that's been about it. Even Leon has been unusually quiet. This leads me to believe they've been hard at work developing and beta testing, Matt's post only confirms this. FAS has proven time and time again that they are constantly working during these periods of "radio silence" which is how I choose to interpret them.

Back
Top Bottom