FM9 AC/DC Tones. It’s almost too easy!

dicXjonesify

Inspired
Went to make an AC/DC preset and got happy pretty quick using the Brit JM45 for Angus and the Match Chieftain for Malcolm (Marshall inspired with big bottom in the vein of the Superbass, IMHO). Here’s the main parts. I purposely featured each tone by itself at first and then both together.

Then I was inspired to learn the solo. Don’t be too harsh lol. It’s getting there. I just pushed my Angus Scene a little harder basically.

One thing that was huge in getting this big sounding tone was using both Cab blocks. One with two close mics and one with L and R room mics mixed in. Loving this thing.

Last edited:
For those that have asked, here it is. 3 Scenes: Angus, Malcolm and SOLO. Angus was tweaked for my Gibson SG Standard and Malcolm for my (hand built by me) Les Paul DC Junior. Take them for what they are, just my interpretations, and enjoy.

Attachments

• MY Back in Black.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 256
Went to make an AC/DC preset and got happy pretty quick using the Brit JM45 for Angus and the Match Chieftain for Malcolm (Marshall inspired with big bottom in the vein of the Superbass, IMHO). Here’s the main parts. I purposely featured each tone by itself at first and then both together.

Then I was inspired to learn the solo. Don’t be too harsh lol. It’s getting there. I just pushed my Angus Scene a little harder basically.

One thing that was huge in getting this big sounding tone was using both Cab blocks. One with two close mics and one with L and R room mics mixed in. Loving this thing.

Great job man that sounds really awesome. Love your videos 😎
Thanks for sharing can’t wait to check this out.

This is a fun preset. The two tones really fit with one another. The solo scene really has the room / reverb sound dialed in.

Thanks man.
Some people get onto me about using too much ambience / delay and reverb for this preset (and the Cliffs of Dover one, too).

No, Angus surely didn’t use a reverb or slap back delay pedal BUT that doesn’t mean the mixers and producers didn’t. It’s in the recording and that’s the sound I’m trying to achieve. Sometimes I’m just trying to cop the room sound. It’s all part of the whole picture.

Back
Top Bottom