Bands that I somehow missed

fcs101

Axe-Master
I'm always on the lookout for good music (don't much care for today's fare--there are some exceptions). Every now and again I'll stumble upon some band and wonder "how in the heck did I miss this?!?". This is just a place for me (or you) to drop a video or link to something others may find interesting.

My first offering is 'The Fratellis'. I came upon them about one year ago. I can only imagine I missed out on them because of military deployments (they came out in ~2005 just after Afghanistan kicked off). I think their song 'Chelsea Dagger' is played at Chicago Blackhawks' games. Anyway, here is Flathead ("she's the second best killer that I ever have seen")

I'm always on the lookout for good music (don't much care for today's fare--there are some exceptions). Every now and again I'll stumble upon some band and wonder "how in the heck did I miss this?!?". This is just a place for me (or you) to drop a video or link to something others may find interesting.

My first offering is 'The Fratellis'. I came upon them about one year ago. I can only imagine I missed out on them because of military deployments (they came out in ~2005 just after Afghanistan kicked off). I think their song 'Chelsea Dagger' is played at Chicago Blackhawks' games. Anyway, here is Flathead ("she's the second best killer that I ever have seen")

Cool! :) Has a sort of Franz Ferdinand vibe. Maybe a bit of The Strokes.

Reminds me somehow of the living end. (Not necessarily this song)

Reminds me somehow of the living end. (Not necessarily this song)

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely look into them. Love to see anyone rockin' with a full on hollow body (makes me think of Billy Duffy). I think a lot of rock players are scared of them, but I love my Black Falcon. The stand up bass is cool too. His voice sort of reminds me of Green Day (maybe?). Cool tune!

Stonefield - also recommended here somewhere - lots of cool doomy fuzzy stuff with B3like organ sounds - love it.

Interesting how many times over the years I took to bands and later notice the Gibson SG is prominent in their guitars at least in live sound - uncanny.

Last edited:
I had these guys in a playlist of 'vaguely' brit-pop bands that you probably have not heard of, but should.

Look some of these up, and enjoy.

Locksley
Rooney
The Pink Spiders
The Redwalls.
Sloan (my personal favorite of these)
Tinted Windows (not brit pop, but can't get enough of a mix of Smashing Pumpkins, Hanson, Cheap Trick and Fountains of Wayne supergroup.)
Jellyfish

I had these guys in a playlist of 'vaguely' brit-pop bands that you probably have not heard of, but should.

Locksley
Rooney
The Pink Spiders
The Redwalls.
Tinted Windows (not brit pop, but can't get enough of a mix of Smashing Pumpkins, Hanson, Cheap Trick and Fountains of Wayne supergroup.)
Jellyfish
Jellyfish looks like the only one I've heard of. I'll definitely look these up. Thanks!

Locksley
Rooney
The Pink Spiders
The Redwalls.
Jellyfish
Solid picks every one! I listened to at least three songs by each and wasn't disappointed. I think The Redwalls and Sloan really stand out. I did enjoy the blues infusion in The Redwalls' music, but I can see why you favor Sloan.

Tinted Windows was a nice surprise and so cool to see such a diverse group of players.

Thanks for the tips!

Solid picks every one! I listened to at least three songs by each and wasn't disappointed. I think The Redwalls and Sloan really stand out. I did enjoy the blues infusion in The Redwalls' music, but I can see why you favor Sloan.

Tinted Windows was a nice surprise and so cool to see such a diverse group of players.

Thanks for the tips!

Yes. It's been a big pastime for me to check for bands that don't follow the radio 'hit list', but write amazing songs.

In some ways, it's disheartening, since you barely hear about these incredible artists.

Back
Top Bottom