Full Res Day...

skunc

Experienced
I spent time today working with Full Res IRs on the MkII. Conclusion: I must have the Turbo!!! The acoustic quality of the Full Res IRs is nothing short of stunning. It is so satisfying too hear, and for me is completely worth upgrading. I need more Full Res IRs. Thank you Cliff and Justin. I can't wait until I have a full bank of Full Res IRs to choose from.

It seems like people are really connecting with the FullRes stuff, so I’m going to start taking those captures and adding them to my packs moving forward. They really are fun to play with and make a big difference in getting your tone to sound and feel more like an amp in the room.

It seems like people are really connecting with the FullRes stuff, so I’m going to start taking those captures and adding them to my packs moving forward. They really are fun to play with and make a big difference in getting your tone to sound and feel more like an amp in the room.
Is there a list of ones available somewhere?

Just bought and tried York Audio Marshall m25 Greenback pack with the corresponding Full res ir's he kindly gave us Axefx users - fantastic combination . for me this pairing stands out and is so realistic - i am normally indifferent to non factory ir's but these for me are a step up .

They’re at the end of the Legacy Cab bank. Mine have YA in the file names. There’s a Marshall 4x12 with Greenbacks, an AC30 with Alnico Blues, Mesa OS 4x12 with V30s, and a Fender Vibrolux 2x10 with Jensens.
Ah I just realized this is for FX3 only and the FM9 is not capable?

Do you anticipate offering FullRes IR's for some of the previous packs you've released? Perhaps as a separate download/purchase or something?

I've been enjoying the FullRes more than I thought I would... it certainly adds something! Even using an ir from another cab seems to work well since it's so low in the mix!

Only the FX III is capable of running full resolution IRs correct?
Yes, all FX III units can run FullRes IRs.

The MK I has a limited set (10) of fixed factory FullRes IRs (Legacy 190-199) while MK II has more FullRes capacity.

Last edited:
Hey. I bought the Axe Fx 3 (version 1) and I have been reading intently on the turbo capabilities

If I’m reading correctly, the mk 1/2 can also do full Res Impulse responses but only “per session” where the mk 3 can store them to a block for quicker access during performances and no need to reset/fractal bot the system files per session?

Is there any link or mini tutorial on full res IR on the non turbo axe ?

The FullRes IRs at the Axe-FX III Mark1 are located at the CAB block Legacy #190 to #199

My approach is to add a second CAB block in parallel with the regular CAB for the FullRes IR.

The advantage is that you have easier control over how much room you want to add (using the CAB2 Level), and you can easily bypass that block to cancel the effect. You can also tweak a refined EQ exclusivelly for that Room IR

2021-11-09 13_33_58-Axe-Edit III.png
Also where are some mesa full res ir? In the axe-exchange or is there any popular sites or 3rd party sellers?

Start using the existing ones. There is a lot that can be made with just these few samples. I wouldn't care much at this stage about finding exact matches of the IRs that you are using. They are just room reflections.

Keep in mind that at the Axe-FX III Mark 1 you cannot store new FullRes IRs. You can only load them temporarily at the Scratchpad, and they will vanish when you switch it off.

Both the Mark 2 and the Turbo can store FullRes IR

This sounds amazing.

Thanks to all. Sharing my edit on this idea too since some many others contribute with help and awesome patches.

I use UAD and HW. When I removed the HW chain (after uploading this) it was a little dark so EQ to taste.

This was crafted on FX 3 (non-turbo)

Attachments

• Basic Amp and Cab - LT-MM v01.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
It sounds so much better than algo reverb for a room sound, but algo reverb still has it's place.

The room sound is what makes the Ox Box great and this Fractal update really nailed that sound.

I need to give this another go. When I first tried using full res I wasn't hearing a big difference but likely user error.

Back
Top Bottom